It’s quite likely hot outside, you’ve just bought a new car and you wish to use one of the handiest capabilities of your Subaru Legacy, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, switching on the air conditioning is not a tricky action to perform, but on this page we’re going to take a look at this manipulation, which, whilst common, can be a bit complex for beginners. So we will find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a Subaru Legacy? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Subaru Legacy and to finish we will give you some suggestions on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Subaru Legacy?
The air conditioning of your Subaru Legacy works in a very equivalent way to that of your fridge, in fact, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, dependant on its condition (liquid or gas) will emit cold. This system works in a closed circuit. Here are the main elements that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Subaru Legacy works correctly:
- The compressor: It is the principal part of your air conditioning unit, it controls the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as main goal, like a radiator, to enable the gas to decrease in temperature and go back to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it transform in to gas and during this changeover will create cold which will be delivered into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this device works in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Subaru Legacy works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Subaru Legacy?
Now let’s move on to the part that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Subaru Legacy? Although this process is not so difficult for most of you, it would be a shame not to take full advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Subaru Legacy
There are two kind of air conditioning on Subaru Legacy, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most common of the two, the manual air conditioning, this form of the air conditioning on Subaru Legacy is what we could call the cheap one. In reality, it won’t give you access to a lot of adjustments, but you’ll already have the opportunity to cool the air inside your car. You can only choose the ventilation strength and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Subaru Legacy, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Subaru Legacy, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Subaru Legacy.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Subaru Legacy
To finish , we will discover how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Subaru Legacy. Although the process is very equivalent to manual air conditioning, there are some extra possibilities that will allow you enjoy fresh air with even more convenience. Contrary to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to choose the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Additionally to the automatic climate control, you frequently have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which offers you the chances of choosing different temperatures depending to the zones of your Subaru Legacy. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Subaru Legacy, you will only need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation device, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Subaru Legacy.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Subaru Legacy
To conclude, last part of our document, now that you know how to turn on the air conditioning on your Subaru Legacy, we will tell you some practical suggestions to optimize the use of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you arrive in your Subaru Legacy which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to evacuate the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning perform.
- In the wintertime, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more useful than your heating system.
- Switch off the air conditioning in your Subaru Legacy 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity smells in the passenger compartment. In the event you have found any unpleasant smells originating from the air conditioning in your Subaru Legacy, don’t be reluctant to read our article content on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Subaru Legacy on the regular basis, even in winter, to maintain it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. As well, don’t project the airflow directly onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you wish more guides on the Subaru Legacy, go to our Subaru Legacy category.