It’s most likely hot outside, you’ve just acquired a new vehicle and you want to use one of the most valuable options of your Porsche 911, air conditioning!
On most vehicles, turning on the air conditioning is not a complicated task to perform, but on this page we’re going to check out this process, which, even though ordinary, can be a bit complex for beginners. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a Porsche 911? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Porsche 911 and finally we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Porsche 911?
The air conditioning of your Porsche 911 works in a very comparable way to that of your family fridge, in reality, it functions with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, depending on its condition (liquid or gas) will produce cold. This system works in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will ensure that the air conditioning of your Porsche 911 functions properly:
- The compressor: It is the key component of your air conditioning system, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as purpose, like a radiator, to let the gas to reduce in temperature and return to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will make it convert straight to gas and during this transition will create cold which will be directed into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this device works in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to change state, leading to the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Porsche 911 works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Porsche 911?
Now let’s move on to the section that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Porsche 911? Although this process is not so difficult for most of you, it would be a shame not to take full advantage of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Porsche 911
There are two types of air conditioning on Porsche 911, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most widespread of the two, the manual air conditioning, this version of the air conditioning on Porsche 911 is what we could call the cheap one. In reality, it won’t give you access to a lot of configurations, but you’ll already have the opportunity to refresh the air inside your car. You can just choose the ventilation power and the temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Porsche 911, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Porsche 911, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Porsche 911.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Porsche 911
To conclude, we will find out how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Porsche 911. Although the technique is very close to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental possibilities that will allow you appreciate cold air with even more convenience. Unlike manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to choose the temperature you desire to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. In addition to the automatic climate control, you frequently have the option of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which provides you with the possibility of choosing different temperatures depending to the zones of your Porsche 911. To turn on the automatic air conditioning on your Porsche 911, you will just need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation device, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Porsche 911.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Porsche 911
To conclude, last section of our document, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Porsche 911, we will give you some practical tips to optimize the usage of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you arrive in your Porsche 911 which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them once again to let your air conditioning operate.
- In the winter months, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more powerful than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Porsche 911 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity smells in the passenger compartment. In the event that you have spotted any unpleasant smells originating from the air conditioning in your Porsche 911, don’t hesitate to consult our article on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Porsche 911 on the regular basis, also in winter, to maintain it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Also, don’t project the airflow directly onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
To get more tips on the Porsche 911, take a look at the Porsche 911 category.