It’s perhaps hot outside, you’ve just bought a new car and you wish to use one of the most valuable features of your Mercury Grand Marquis, air conditioning!
On most vehicles, switching on the air conditioning is not a tough action to carry out, but on this page we’re going to check out this action, which, although simple, can be a bit triky for beginners. So we will discover how to turn on the air conditioning on a Mercury Grand Marquis? First, we will discover how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Mercury Grand Marquis and to finish we will give you some recommendations on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Mercury Grand Marquis?
The air conditioning of your Mercury Grand Marquis works in a very identical way to that of your fridge, in fact, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, according to its state (liquid or gas) will release cold. This system works in a closed circuit. Here are the main components that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Mercury Grand Marquis performs effectively:
- The compressor: It is the key element of your air conditioning system, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will manage the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as target, like a radiator, to enable the gas to decrease in temperature and go back to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it convert in to gas and during this changeover will produce cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this system works in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to change state, leading to the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Mercury Grand Marquis works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Mercury Grand Marquis?
Now let’s go forward to the part that interests you the most, how to turn on the air conditioning on Mercury Grand Marquis? Although this manipulation is simple enough for many of you, it would be a shame not to make the most of it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Mercury Grand Marquis
There are two kind of air conditioning on Mercury Grand Marquis, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this kind of the air conditioning on Mercury Grand Marquis is what we could call the cheap one. In reality, it won’t give you access to a lot of configurations, but you’ll already have the opportunity to refresh the air inside your car. You can only select the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Mercury Grand Marquis, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Mercury Grand Marquis, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Mercury Grand Marquis
To conclude, we will find out how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Mercury Grand Marquis. Although the methodology is very close to manual air conditioning, there are some additional possibilities that will let you benefit from cold air with a lot more comfort. Unlike manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to select the temperature you want to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Furthermore to the automatic climate control, you often have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” feature, which provides you with the possibility of selecting different temperatures depending to the zones of your Mercury Grand Marquis. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Mercury Grand Marquis, you will simply need to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation system, then select the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Mercury Grand Marquis
Finally, last part of our article content, now that you know how to turn on the air conditioning on your Mercury Grand Marquis, we will see some practical recommendations to optimize the use of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you arrive in your Mercury Grand Marquis which has been left in the sun, first open your windows while doing so as the air conditioning to gets rid of the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning work.
- In the winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, due to its air dehumidifier, it will be more powerful than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Mercury Grand Marquis 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid humidity smells in the passenger compartment. In the event that you have discovered any unpleasant odors caused by the air conditioning in your Mercury Grand Marquis, don’t hesitate to consult our content on this subject
- Switch on the air conditioning of your Mercury Grand Marquis on a regular basis, also in winter, to maintain it working properly.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. Also, don’t project the airflow straight onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Mercury Grand Marquis, do not hesitate to consult our Mercury Grand Marquis category.