It’s most likely hot, you’ve just purchased a new motor vehicle and you wish to use one of the best functions of your Dacia Lodgy, air conditioning!
On most motor vehicles, turning on the air conditioning is not a tricky action to accomplish, but on this page we’re going to look into this manipulation, which, although ordinary, can be a bit triky for beginners. So we will see how to turn on the air conditioning on a Dacia Lodgy? First, we will see how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Dacia Lodgy and finally we will give you some suggestions on how to use it.
How does the air conditioning work on Dacia Lodgy?
The air conditioning of your Dacia Lodgy operates in a very identical way to that of your refrigerator, the truth is, it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, depending on its state (liquid or gas) will produce cold. This system operates in a closed circuit. Here are the main parts that will make certain that the air conditioning of your Dacia Lodgy performs correctly:
- The compressor: It is the principal part of your air conditioning system, it handles the pressure in your circuit and it will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The condenser: this small coil has as main goal, like a radiator, to allow the gas to decrease in temperature and go back to a liquid state (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heating blower will subject the pressurized fluid to a high temperature which will make it turn in to gas and during this changeover will create cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this unit operates in a closed circuit, and by causing variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas will be allowed to transform state, resulting in the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning of your Dacia Lodgy works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Dacia Lodgy?
Now let’s move on to the part that interests you the most, how to switch on the air conditioning on Dacia Lodgy? Although this process is not difficult for many of you, it would be a shame not to benefit from it because you don’t know how to turn it on.
Turn on the air conditioning manually on Dacia Lodgy
There are two types of air conditioning on Dacia Lodgy, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will commence with the most frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this type of the air conditioning on Dacia Lodgy is what we could call the cheap one. In fact, it won’t give you access to a lot of configurations, but you’ll already have the possibility to refresh the air inside your car. You can only choose the ventilation intensity and the temperature of the air your system blows. To switch on the air conditioning of your Dacia Lodgy, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Dacia Lodgy, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Dacia Lodgy.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Dacia Lodgy
To conclude, we will look at how to turn on the automatic air conditioning on Dacia Lodgy. Although the approach is very similar to manual air conditioning, there are some supplemental options that will permit you enjoy cold air with a lot more comfort. In contrast to manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning permits you to choose the temperature you want to have in the cabin and the system will self-regulate to reach it. Additionally to the automatic climate control, you often have the choice of using the “Bi-Zone” option, which provides you with the opportunity of choosing different temperatures depending to the zones of your Dacia Lodgy. To switch on the automatic air conditioning on your Dacia Lodgy, you will only have to turn on the A/C button of your ventilation unit, then choose the temperature you want to reach and let the air conditioning on your Dacia Lodgy.
Some recommendations on how to use the air-conditioning of your Dacia Lodgy
To conclude, last part of our content page, now that you understand how to turn on the air conditioning on your Dacia Lodgy, we will tell you some practical suggestions to optimize the use of your air conditioning and preserve it:
- When you arrive in your Dacia Lodgy which has been left in the sun, first open your windows at the same time as the air conditioning to expels the excess of hot air before closing them again to let your air conditioning operate.
- During the cold months, you can use your air conditioner to remove the mist from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more powerful than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Dacia Lodgy 5 minutes before turning off the engine to keep your air conditioning compressor and avoid moisture odors in the passenger compartment. In case you have noticed any unpleasant odors caused by the air conditioning in your Dacia Lodgy, don’t hesitate to read our document on this subject
- Turn on the air conditioning of your Dacia Lodgy often, even in winter, to maintain it working effectively.
- Don’t set your air conditioning to a temperature too different from the outside temperature or you may get sick. As well, don’t project the airflow right onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you want more guides on the Dacia Lodgy, go to our Dacia Lodgy category.