Our vehicles benefit from more and more technologies, most of the time this gives us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its advantages, but as well has some cons, with it, we discover bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is meant to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may encounter problems and want to turn off the start stop technology on Volkswagen Lupo . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you understand how this system works, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated problems you may encounter with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Volkswagen Lupo work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a latest technology that began to be included into modern vehicles about ten years ago. This technology is designed to limit the fuel consumption of your Volkswagen Lupo and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its convenience is principally relevant in an urban environment. Indeed, vehicles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your car is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. Nevertheless, on long journeys or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it works:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with built-in starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will immediately restart.
On some superior variants, your Volkswagen Lupo will even be able to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Volkswagen Lupo: Advantages and cons
Although this system has fair advantages in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are however some cons to having a start and stop on Volkswagen Lupo .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a principally urban use of your Volkswagen Lupo. You will too. In addition, you will be able to advantage from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper car . Finally, you will advantage from an additional comfort because your engine will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Volkswagen Lupo. you will have to buy or change your battery more generally,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Volkswagen Lupo?
Now let’s proceed to the component you’re probably most enthusiastic about, how to disable, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Volkswagen Lupo? .
Depending on how you use your car, you may need to disable this system, which can be annoying or you may feel that your starter is going through premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Volkswagen Lupo . All these are valid factors to disable your start and stop system.
On this website are the two main techniques for disabling the start and stop on Volkswagen Lupo:
- The traditional technique: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. Nevertheless, this technique needs you to redo the treatment every time you start the motor vehicle.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Volkswagen Lupo is switched off completely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Volkswagen Lupo is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your car. In this case, you can deactivate it by two different methods. You can create a bridge behind the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second technique you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Volkswagen Lupo think that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to keep your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology problems Volkswagen Lupo
Concerning the different concerns you might encounter with the start and stop of your Volkswagen Lupo . It is possible that this is activated in an unexpected technique , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is related to the series of your Volkswagen Lupo. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as discovered in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your garage to discover if there is a specific solution. Another problem experienced by Volkswagen Lupo owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These specific parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked over the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have noticed that they are much more expensive than traditional batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this sort of problem. Finally, it may be that your start and stop on Volkswagen Lupo does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your mechanic to correct this problem.
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Lupo, take a look at the Volkswagen Lupo category.