Our vehicles profit from more and more technologies, generally speaking this brings us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its positive aspects, but as well has some cons, with it, we discover bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is made to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Volkswagen Arteon . But how do I do that? In this post we will help you figure out how this system works, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring complications you may confront with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Volkswagen Arteon work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a modern technology that began to be included into recent vehicles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Volkswagen Arteon and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its convenience is specifically important in an urban environment. In actual fact, vehicles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The guarantee of start and stop on your car is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long trips or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it works:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with built-in starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will automatically restart.
On some improved versions, your Volkswagen Arteon will even have the ability to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Volkswagen Arteon: Advantages and cons
Nevertheless this system has significant positive aspects in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are however some cons to having a start and stop on Volkswagen Arteon .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a specifically urban use of your Volkswagen Arteon. You will too. In addition, you will have the ability to profit from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, permitting you to to buy a cheaper vehicle . Finally, you will profit from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can go through a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Volkswagen Arteon. you will have to buy or change your battery more quite often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Volkswagen Arteon?
Now let’s move on to the component you’re probably most enthusiastic about, how to turn off, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Volkswagen Arteon? .
Depending on how you use your vehicle, you may need to turn off this system, which can be annoying or you may experience that your starter is experiencing premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Volkswagen Arteon . All these are valid reasons to disable your start and stop system.
In this article are the two most important techniques for disabling the start and stop on Volkswagen Arteon:
- The traditional approach: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your vehicle you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. However, this approach requires you to redo the manipulation every time you start the car.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Volkswagen Arteon is switched off entirely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Volkswagen Arteon is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your vehicle. In such a case, you can disconnect it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second approach you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Volkswagen Arteon believe that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to preserve your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Volkswagen Arteon
Concerning the different problems you might come across with the start and stop of your Volkswagen Arteon . It is possible that this is activated in an unexpected way , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the vehicle stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Volkswagen Arteon. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your garage to discover if there is a particular remedy. Another problem experienced by Volkswagen Arteon owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These particular parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked at the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have discovered that they are much more expensive than traditional batteries, do not think twice to deactivate this system to avoid this sort of problem. Finally, it may be that your start and stop on Volkswagen Arteon does not work anymore , in such a case, go to your mechanic to resolve this problem.
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Arteon, take a look at the Volkswagen Arteon category.