Our vehicles benefit from more and more technologies, generally this provides us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its positive aspects, but also has some drawbacks, with it, we see bugs appearing! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is meant to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may encounter complications and want to turn off the start stop technology on Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you figure out how this system works, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the recurring complications you may encountered with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a latest technology that began to be incorporated into modern automobiles about ten years ago. This technology aims to limit the fuel consumption of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its convenience is mainly important in an urban environment. Indeed, vehicles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The promise of start and stop on your car is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long travels or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it works:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with integrated starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will immediately restart.
On some superior variants, your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 will even have the ability to shut down while you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150: Advantages and drawbacks
Although this system has significant positive aspects in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are however some drawbacks to having a start and stop on Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a mainly urban use of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150. You will too. In addition, you will have the ability to advantage from the purchase of a car with a more interesting bonus/malus, allowing you to to buy a cheaper car . Finally, you will advantage from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you pass red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can undergo a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150. you will have to buy or change your battery more generally,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150?
Now let’s proceed to the part you’re probably most keen on, how to deactivate, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150? .
Depending on how you use your car, you may want to deactivate this system, which can be annoying or you may experience that your starter is going through premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 . All these are valid causes to disable your start and stop system.
Here are the two most important techniques for disabling the start and stop on Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150:
- The traditional method: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every start. However, this method requires you to redo the manipulation every time you start the car.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 is switched off entirely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your car. In such a case, you can disable it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge behind the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second method you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will produce your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 presume that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to keep your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology complications Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150
Concerning the different complications you might encountered with the start and stop of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 . It is possible that this is activated in an unpredicted method , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is related to the series of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this issue or go to your mechanic to see if there is a particular remedy. Another problem encountered by Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 owners is that you may experience premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These particular parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked over the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have noticed that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of issue. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 does not work anymore , in this case, go to your mechanic to resolve this issue.
If you wish more guides on the Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150, go to our Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 category.