Our cars profit from more and more technologies, most of the time this provides us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its pros, but also has some disadvantages, with it, we find out bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is meant to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may encounter problems and want to turn off the start stop technology on Peugeot 306 . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you discover how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated problems you may encounter with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Peugeot 306 work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a recent technology that began to be included into modern automobiles about ten years ago. This technology is designed to limit the fuel consumption of your Peugeot 306 and to protect the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its usefulness is mainly relevant in an urban environment. In actual fact, cars can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The guarantee of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long travels or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with built-in starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will instantly restart.
On some improved variants, your Peugeot 306 will even have the ability to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Peugeot 306: Pros and disadvantages
Although this system has significant pros in terms of environmental conservation and fuel economy, there are on the other hand some disadvantages to having a start and stop on Peugeot 306 .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a mainly urban use of your Peugeot 306. You will too. Furthermore, you will have the ability to advantage from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, allowing you to to buy a cheaper car . Finally, you will advantage from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you complete red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . Finally, the first generations of start stop technology can undergo a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Peugeot 306. you will have to buy or change your battery more generally,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Peugeot 306?
Now let’s move on to the component you’re probably most interested in, how to disable, disconnect or take out the start stop on your Peugeot 306? .
Depending on how you use your car, you may want to disable this system, which can be irritating or you may experience that your starter is going through premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Peugeot 306 . All these are valid factors to disable your start and stop system.
On this website are the two main techniques for turning off the start and stop on Peugeot 306:
- The traditional technique: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your car you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. However, this technique necessitates you to redo the manipulation every time you start the car.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Peugeot 306 is switched off entirely: It is possible that the start and stop of your Peugeot 306 is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your car. In such a case, you can disconnect it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . Finally, second technique you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will make your Peugeot 306 think that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to keep your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology problems Peugeot 306
Concerning the different complications you might encountered with the start and stop of your Peugeot 306 . It is possible that this is activated in an unpredicted way , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to change to reverse gear and the car stops. It is possible that this problem is associated with the series of your Peugeot 306. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your garage to find out if there is a particular remedy. Another problem experienced by Peugeot 306 owners is that you may encounter premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These particular parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already looked at the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have discovered that they are much more expensive than traditional batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of problem. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Peugeot 306 does not work anymore , in this case, go to your motor mechanic to correct this problem.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Peugeot 306, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot 306 category.