Our automobiles profit from increasingly more technologies, in most cases this provides us an additional comfort of use. Having said that, technology has its advantages, but as well has some down sides, with it, we discover bugs showing up! One of them is the Start and Stop feature, which is intended to help you save fuel and preserve the planet. You may confront problems and want to turn off the start stop technology on Ford Ecosport . But how do I do that? In this article we will help you discover how this system functions, how to disable start and stop on xxx, and what are the repeated problems you may confront with this option.
How does the Start Stop on Ford Ecosport work?
Start Stop technology operation
Start Stop is a latest technology that began to be incorporated into modern automobiles about ten years ago. This technology is designed to limit the fuel consumption of your Ford Ecosport and to preserve the environment by limiting CO2 emissions. Its convenience is principally important in an urban environment. Obviously, automobiles can be made to spend up to 35% of their time at a standstill during urban journeys. The guarantee of start and stop on your vehicle is to save you between 5% and 15% in fuel consumption. However, on long trips or secondary roads, its usefulness is limited. How it functions:
- A reinforced starter or a last generation alternator with included starter
- When you shift into neutral and release the clutch pedal, the engine unit will shut off.
- When you shift into gear, the car will immediately restart.
On some superior variants, your Ford Ecosport will even be able to shut down although you are not stopped (up to 20km/h on some start and stop).
Start Stop Ford Ecosport: Positive aspects and down sides
Nevertheless this system has serious advantages in terms of environmental preservation and fuel economy, there are nevertheless some down sides to having a start and stop on Ford Ecosport .
You will make fuel and CO2 emission savings if you have a principally urban use of your Ford Ecosport. You will too. Furthermore, you will be able to benefit from the purchase of a vehicle with a more interesting bonus/malus, allowing you to to buy a cheaper vehicle . At last, you will benefit from an additional comfort because your engine unit will be stopped when you pass red lights or stops.
It’s not interesting for you to have this system if you drive on secondary roads . This system is actually quite expensive to buy (between 500 and 1500€) . At last, the first generations of start stop technology can suffer a premature wear of the starter and the battery of your Ford Ecosport. you will have to buy or change your battery more often,
How to turn off Start Stop technology on Ford Ecosport?
Now let’s move on to the part you’re probably most keen on, how to deactivate, disconnect or remove the start stop on your Ford Ecosport? .
Based on how you use your vehicle, you may need to deactivate this system, which can be bothersome or you may feel that your starter is encountering premature wear, or you may have had to purchase a new AGM or EFB battery on your Ford Ecosport . All these are valid causes to disable your start and stop system.
In this article are the two main techniques for disabling the start and stop on Ford Ecosport:
- The traditional technique: Know, if you don’t already know it, that there is a start and stop disable button on your center console (depending on the year of your vehicle you may have a button labeled “ECO”, “Start and Stop” or “S&S”) that you can use to disconnect your start and stop on every begin. However, this technique necessitates you to redo the manipulation every time you start the car.
- It is possible that the start and stop of your Ford Ecosport is switched off totally: It is possible that the start and stop of your Ford Ecosport is switched on unintentionally, or that it does not correspond to the use you have of your vehicle. In this case, you can deactivate it by two different solutions. You can create a bridge at the rear of the activation button of your start and stop . At last, second technique you can disconnect the battery charge indicator cable that is on the terminals of your battery, which will make your Ford Ecosport think that the battery is tired and will deactivate the start and stop to protect your autonomy.
Start Stop Technology problems Ford Ecosport
Concerning the different complications you might encountered with the start and stop of your Ford Ecosport . It is possible that this is activated in an unexpected method , for example you are doing a manoeuvre and you don’t have time to replace to reverse gear and the vehicle stops. It is possible that this problem is related to the series of your Ford Ecosport. Try to completely deactivate your Start and Stop as seen in the previous section to avoid this problem or go to your mechanic to discover if there is a particular remedy. Another problem experienced by Ford Ecosport owners is that you may experience premature wear of your battery or starter motor. These particular parts for start and stop are expensive, and if you have already checked out the battery prices for xxx or those of the starters you must have discovered that they are much more expensive than classic batteries, do not hesitate to deactivate this system to avoid this kind of problem. Finally, it might be that your start and stop on Ford Ecosport does not work anymore , in this case, go to your mechanic to solve this problem.
If you need more guides on the Ford Ecosport, go to our Ford Ecosport category.