Having an automobile is helpful, only a vehicle means a breakdown… And regrettably, we know perfectly, also the luckiest among us hardly ever fall through the cracks. On the other hand, between a vehicle that doesn’t start in the morning and breaking down on the highway, the consequences are going to be quite different. Whatever the case, a Volkswagen CC that doesn’t drive is complex to move and the only remedy is often to tow it to the closest garage area. In this content we will show you how to tow a Volkswagen CC, respecting the laws and guaranteeing maximum security. To achieve this, first we will look at the rules to follow when towing a Volkswagen CC, then how to tow a Volkswagen CC yourself, and at last, the most sensible solution is to hire a specialist to tow your car.
The rules to follow if you want to tow an Volkswagen CC
It is in reality possible to tow your automobile. On the other hand, if you want to go into towing a Volkswagen CC you will have to follow some rules. We present them to you below:
- Do not drive on motorways or expressways, since the speed at which you will tow your Volkswagen CC may endanger yourself and other drivers if you do it on an expressway.
- Do not surpass 25 km/h, you must always stay in control of both cars, a high speed will not enable you to predict possible challenges and the towed car may enter the first one
- Limit yourself to short distance journeys. If you have to travel several dozen kilometres, it is better to call a breakdown service.
- When towing, try to be certain that the Volkswagen CC and the car towing it are correctly lined up, to keep up a great behaviour.
- Switch on the warnings lights on both cars.
- If the Volkswagen CC being towed has no battery, you will need to use a removable plate associated with the first automobile so that you can notify the drivers behind you.
How to tow a Volkswagen CC by yourself
Now that you have learned the basic protocols for securely towing a Volkswagen CC, we will present you the different approaches to do it:
- Use only a tow bar to tow your Volkswagen CC, as ropes, straps or other products are not appropriate and will only risk you having an accident. If the towing device is flexible, you risk hitting the towing automobile. It will be better to buy a towing bar.
- You can use one of the three kinds existing tow bars to tow your Volkswagen CC, telescopic bars (40 to 50 euros), folding bars (30 to 100 euros) and standard bars (30 to 40 euros).
- Check that you have two towing rings on the cars, which will let you to ttach them together with the tow bar.
- Check that the towing automobile is heavier than the automobile to be towed.
- Have functional signalling on the Volkswagen CC to be towed.
These are the rules to follow if you want to tow your Volkswagen CC. On the other hand remember that this alternative should only be used for short distances to avoid a more expensive towing, if you have a long distance to cover we advise you to browse the following section.
Have your Volkswagen CC towed by a specialist
Finally, last part of our article, if you are not able to tow your Volkswagen CC in good conditions, it remains the most logical solution, to call a tow truck to tow your car. This may look like an expensive choice, but in most insurance contracts, there is a clause that allows you to use their services absolutely free. Here are the details to check on your insurance contract before calling a tow truck:
- That the distance between your home and the place of breakdown is matching with the mileage insured in your agreement (generally covered more than 50 km from your home).
- Check that the concerns you are struggling with are well taken care of by your insurer.
- At last, check the deductible amount on your account.
Now you have all the information you need to tow your Volkswagen CC in good conditions.
If you need more tutorials on the Volkswagen CC, go to our Volkswagen CC category.