Having a vehicle is useful, only a vehicle means a breakdown… And unfortunately, we know perfectly, even the luckiest among us hardly ever fall through the cracks. Nevertheless, between an automobile that doesn’t start in the morning and breaking down on the highway, the consequences are going to be quite different. Whatever the case, a Mercedes Benz GLC Class that doesn’t drive is complex to move and the only answer is often to tow it to the nearest workshop. In this guideline we will show you how to tow a Mercedes Benz GLC Class, respecting the laws and guaranteeing maximum security. To get this done, first we will take a look at the rules to stick to when towing a Mercedes Benz GLC Class, then how to tow a Mercedes Benz GLC Class yourself, and finally, the most sensible solution is to hire a specialist to tow your car.
The rules to stick to if you want to tow an Mercedes Benz GLC Class
It is in truth possible to tow your automobile. Nevertheless, if you want to go into towing a Mercedes Benz GLC Class you will have to stick to some simple rules. We present them to you down below:
- Do not drive on motorways or expressways, since the speed at which you will tow your Mercedes Benz GLC Class may put at risk yourself and other motorists if you do it on an expressway.
- Do not go over 25 km/h, you must always stay in control of both cars, a high speed will not enable you to anticipate possible challenges and the towed car may enter the first one
- Limit yourself to short distance journeys. If you have to travel several dozen kilometres, it is better to call a breakdown service.
- When towing, try to be sure that the Mercedes Benz GLC Class and the car towing it are properly lined up, to hold a great behaviour.
- Turn on the warnings lights on both cars.
- If the Mercedes Benz GLC Class being towed has no battery, you will need to use a removable plate connected to the first automobile so that you can warn the drivers behind you.
How to tow a Mercedes Benz GLC Class by yourself
Now that you have learned the basic protocols for securely towing a Mercedes Benz GLC Class, we will present you the different methods to do it:
- Use only a tow bar to tow your Mercedes Benz GLC Class, as ropes, straps or other products are not appropriate and will only risk you having an accident. If the towing device is flexible, you risk hitting the towing automobile. It will be better to buy a towing bar.
- You can use one of the three kinds existing tow bars to tow your Mercedes Benz GLC Class, telescopic bars (40 to 50 euros), folding bars (30 to 100 euros) and standard bars (30 to 40 euros).
- Examine that you have two towing rings on the cars, which will allow you to ttach them together with the tow bar.
- Examine that the towing automobile is heavier than the automobile to be towed.
- Have efficient signalling on the Mercedes Benz GLC Class to be towed.
These are the regulation to stick to if you want to tow your Mercedes Benz GLC Class. Nevertheless remember that this solution should only be used for short distances to avoid a more expensive towing, if you have a long distance to cover we advise you to read the following section.
Have your Mercedes Benz GLC Class towed by a specialist
Finally, last part of our article, if you are not able to tow your Mercedes Benz GLC Class in good conditions, it remains the most rational solution, to call a tow truck to tow your car. This might sound like an expensive solution, but in most insurance contracts, there is a clause that allows you to use their services at no cost. Here are the points to verify on your insurance contract before calling a tow truck:
- That the distance between your home and the place of breakdown is in accordance with the mileage shown in your contract (generally covered more than 50 km from your home).
- Examine that the problems you are struggling with are well taken care of by your insurer.
- At last, verify the deductible amount on your account.
Now you have all the information you need to tow your Mercedes Benz GLC Class in good conditions.
To discover more tips on the Mercedes Benz GLC Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz GLC Class category.