Having a car is helpful, only a vehicle means a breakdown… And unfortunately, we know perfectly, also the luckiest among us hardly ever fall through the cracks. On the other hand, between a car that doesn’t start in the morning and breaking down on the highway, the consequences are going to be quite different. No matter the reason, a Infiniti QX70 that doesn’t drive is hard to move and the only remedy is often to tow it to the closest mechanic. In this content we will show you how to tow a Infiniti QX70, respecting the legislation and guaranteeing maximum security. To achieve this, first we will check out the rules to stick to when towing a Infiniti QX70, then how to tow a Infiniti QX70 yourself, and finally, the most sensible solution is to hire a specialist to tow your car.
The rules to stick to if you want to tow an Infiniti QX70
It is obviously possible to tow your automobile. On the other hand, if you want to go into towing a Infiniti QX70 you will have to stick to some regulation. We present them to you down below:
- Do not drive on motorways or expressways, because the speed at which you will tow your Infiniti QX70 may put at risk yourself and other drivers if you do it on an expressway.
- Do not surpass 25 km/h, you must all the time stay in control of both automobiles, a high speed will not enable you to anticipate possible obstacles and the towed car may enter the first one
- Limit yourself to short distance journeys. If you have to travel several dozen kilometres, it is better to call a breakdown service.
- When towing, try to ensure that that the Infiniti QX70 and the car towing it are properly lined up, to hold a good behaviour.
- Turn on the warnings lights on both automobiles.
- If the Infiniti QX70 being towed has no battery, you will need to use a removable plate linked to the first automobile so that you can notify the drivers behind you.
How to tow a Infiniti QX70 by yourself
Now that you have discovered the basic protocols for securely towing a Infiniti QX70, we will teach you the different solutions to do it:
- Use only a tow bar to tow your Infiniti QX70, as ropes, straps or other products are not suitable and will only risk you having an incident. If the towing device is flexible, you risk hitting the towing automobile. It will be better to buy a towing bar.
- You can use one of the three kinds existing tow bars to tow your Infiniti QX70, telescopic bars (40 to 50 euros), folding bars (30 to 100 euros) and standard bars (30 to 40 euros).
- Check that you have two towing rings on the automobiles, which will allow you to link them together with the tow bar.
- Check that the towing automobile is heavier than the automobile to be towed.
- Have functional signalling on the Infiniti QX70 to be towed.
These are the rules to stick to if you want to tow your Infiniti QX70. On the other hand keep in mind that this method should only be used for short distances to avoid a more expensive towing, if you have a long distance to cover we suggest you to examine the following section.
Have your Infiniti QX70 towed by a specialist
To finish , last part of our guidebook, if you are not able to tow your Infiniti QX70 in good conditions, it keeps the most rational resolution, to call a tow truck to tow your car. This may be like an expensive option, but in most insurance contracts, there is a clause that allows you to use their services cost-free. Here are the points to examine on your insurance contract before calling a tow truck:
- That the distance between your home and the place of breakdown is matching with the mileage included in your agreement (generally covered more than 50 km from your home).
- Check that the complications you are being confronted with are well taken care of by your insurer.
- At last, examine the deductible amount on your account.
Now you have all the info you need to tow your Infiniti QX70 in good conditions.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Infiniti QX70, do not hesitate to consult our Infiniti QX70 category.