Having an automobile is useful, only a vehicle means a breakdown… And unfortunately, we know very well, even the luckiest among us rarely fall through the cracks. However, between an automobile that doesn’t start in the morning and breaking down on the highway, the results are going to be quite different. In any case, a Chevrolet City Express that doesn’t drive is difficult to move and the only solution is often to tow it to the nearest workshop. In this content we will show you how to tow a Chevrolet City Express, respecting the legislation and guaranteeing maximum safety. To achieve this, first we will look at the rules to adhere to when towing a Chevrolet City Express, then how to tow a Chevrolet City Express yourself, and finally, the most sensible solution is to hire a specialist to tow your car.
The rules to adhere to if you want to tow an Chevrolet City Express
It is in actual fact possible to tow your automobile. However, if you want to go into towing a Chevrolet City Express you will have to adhere to some regulation. We present them to you down below:
- Do not drive on motorways or expressways, because the speed at which you will tow your Chevrolet City Express may endanger yourself and other motorists if you do it on an expressway.
- Do not exceed 25 km/h, you must all the time stay in control of both automobiles, a high speed will not enable you to anticipate possible obstacles and the towed car may enter the first one
- Limit yourself to short distance journeys. If you have to travel several dozen kilometres, it is better to call a breakdown service.
- When towing, try to ensure that that the Chevrolet City Express and the car towing it are correctly lined up, to maintain a great behaviour.
- Switch on the warnings lights on both automobiles.
- If the Chevrolet City Express being towed has no battery, you will need to use a removable plate linked to the first automobile so that you can alert the drivers behind you.
How to tow a Chevrolet City Express by yourself
Now that you have found out the basic rules for securely towing a Chevrolet City Express, we will present you the different techniques to do it:
- Use only a tow bar to tow your Chevrolet City Express, as ropes, straps or other products are not appropriate and will only risk you having an accident. If the towing device is flexible, you risk hitting the towing automobile. It will be better to buy a towing bar.
- You can use one of the three kinds existing tow bars to tow your Chevrolet City Express, telescopic bars (40 to 50 euros), folding bars (30 to 100 euros) and standard bars (30 to 40 euros).
- Examine that you have two towing rings on the automobiles, which will let you to connect them together with the tow bar.
- Examine that the towing automobile is heavier than the automobile to be towed.
- Have functioning signalling on the Chevrolet City Express to be towed.
These are the rules to adhere to if you want to tow your Chevrolet City Express. However keep in mind that this remedy should only be used for short distances to avoid a more expensive towing, if you have a long distance to cover we suggest you to go through the following section.
Have your Chevrolet City Express towed by a specialist
To finish , last part of our article, if you are not able to tow your Chevrolet City Express in good conditions, it keeps the most logical solution, to call a tow truck to tow your car. This might sound like an expensive option, but in most insurance contracts, there is a clause that allows you to use their services cost-free. Here are the points to examine on your insurance contract before calling a tow truck:
- That the distance between your home and the place of breakdown is in accordance with the mileage shown in your contract (generally covered more than 50 km from your home).
- Examine that the concerns you are struggling with are well taken care of by your insurer.
- Finally, examine the deductible amount on your account.
Now you have all the information you need to tow your Chevrolet City Express in good conditions.
To discover more tips on the Chevrolet City Express, take a look at the Chevrolet City Express category.