Having a vehicle is helpful, only a vehicle means a breakdown… And sadly, we know perfectly, also the luckiest among us rarely fall through the cracks. However, between a car that doesn’t start in the morning and breaking down on the highway, the consequences are going to be quite different. Nevertheless, a Acura TSX that doesn’t drive is complex to move and the only solution is often to tow it to the closest workshop. In this guideline we will teach you how to tow a Acura TSX, respecting the legislation and guaranteeing maximum security. To do this, first we will look at the rules to stick to when towing a Acura TSX, then how to tow a Acura TSX yourself, and finally, the most sensible solution is to hire a specialist to tow your car.
The rules to stick to if you want to tow an Acura TSX
It is obviously possible to tow your vehicle. However, if you want to go into towing a Acura TSX you will have to stick to some simple rules. We present them to you just below:
- Do not drive on motorways or expressways, because the speed at which you will tow your Acura TSX may endanger yourself and other motorists if you do it on an expressway.
- Do not go over 25 km/h, you must all the time stay in control of both cars, a high speed will not enable you to predict possible obstacles and the towed car may enter the first one
- Limit yourself to short distance journeys. If you have to travel several dozen kilometres, it is better to call a breakdown service.
- When towing, try to ensure that that the Acura TSX and the car towing it are correctly lined up, to keep a great behaviour.
- Turn on the warnings lights on both cars.
- If the Acura TSX being towed has no battery, you will need to use a removable plate plugged into the first vehicle so that you can notify the drivers behind you.
How to tow a Acura TSX by yourself
Now that you have found out the basic rules for securely towing a Acura TSX, we will teach you the different ways to do it:
- Use only a tow bar to tow your Acura TSX, as ropes, straps or other products are not appropriate and will only risk you having an accident. If the towing device is flexible, you risk hitting the towing vehicle. It will be better to buy a towing bar.
- You can use one of the three kinds existing tow bars to tow your Acura TSX, telescopic bars (40 to 50 euros), folding bars (30 to 100 euros) and standard bars (30 to 40 euros).
- Check that you have two towing rings on the cars, which will allow you to ttach them together with the tow bar.
- Check that the towing vehicle is heavier than the vehicle to be towed.
- Have working signalling on the Acura TSX to be towed.
These are the restrictions to stick to if you want to tow your Acura TSX. However remember that this alternative should only be used for short distances to avoid a more expensive towing, if you have a long distance to cover we encourage you to read the following section.
Have your Acura TSX towed by a specialist
To finish , last part of our guide, if you are not able to tow your Acura TSX in good conditions, it keeps the most rational remedy, to call a tow truck to tow your car. This may look like an expensive option, but in most insurance contracts, there is a clause that allows you to use their services totally free. Here are the points to examine on your insurance contract before calling a tow truck:
- That the distance between your home and the place of breakdown is in respect with the mileage included in your agreement (generally covered more than 50 km from your home).
- Check that the complications you are being confronted with are well taken care of by your insurer.
- Finally, examine the deductible amount on your account.
Now you have all the info you need to tow your Acura TSX in good conditions.
If you have any additional questions about the Acura TSX, do not hesitate to consult our Acura TSX category.