Contemporary cars have a growing number of functionnalities and even though they give us a lot of convenience, a lot of them are not always easy to use. It doesn’t matter if you have rented a car, been lent one, or just bought a Toyota 4Runner, according to its functionnalities, it can be difficult to understand how to start a Toyota 4Runner? Even if this fundamental act of running a car may seem obvious to most of you, dependent on the options and the year of production of your car, it will be more or less basic to do so. Today we will demonstrate the different techniques to start a Toyota 4Runner with the key, then, in a second section, how to switch on a Toyota 4Runner with a card, and to finish, without using the key.
How to start a Toyota 4Runner with key?
So we start our article content which aims to learn you how to start a Toyota 4Runner, which is supplied with a classic key start. Find below the different guidelines to be executed to turn on the engine of your Toyota 4Runner:
- Distinguish the location of the neiman (hole in which the key is introduced), it is most frequently on the right side of your steering wheel, on the dashboard. If your steering wheel is blocked, do not hesitate to have a look at our article content on the steering wheel blocked on Toyota 4Runner that is blocked to find out how to unblock it.
- Place the key into this one.
- Examine that you are in neutral for a manual car and in the “N” or “P” position for an automatic transmission.
- Turn the ignition on by turning it clockwise a quarter turn up to the point you feel you’ve passed the first notch.
- Check on your dashboard that the orange lights go out, if you don’t know what they mean don’t hesitate to have a look at our article content on orange lights on Toyota 4Runner to discover the reason for this.
- You just have to go one more notch clockwise and hold it in the stop until your Toyota 4Runner starts (do not let your starter run more than 10 seconds otherwise you risk injuring it, if the car does not start, let it recover a few tens of seconds before a new test)
- That’s it. You handled to start your Toyota 4Runner,
How to start a Toyota 4Runner with the key card?
After learning about how to turn on the engine of a Toyota 4Runner with key or will explain you how to do it for a Toyota 4Runner equipped with a key card and not a key. The procedure remains roughly alike, so don’t hesitate to return back to the previous section to have details on each of the steps to do. Discover below the guidelines to follow to start your Toyota 4Runner with a card:
- Depending on the year and the series, you may or may not need to put in the card in a specific slot, verify on your dashboard if your Toyota 4Runner is equipped with this slot or not.
- If it has one, insert the card in this hole, otherwise you can keep the card on you or anywhere in the cabin.
- Uncover the “start” button, which is commonly located at steering wheel height close to the classic neiman location, otherwise it is commonly located on the centre console.
- Examine that you’re in neutral or neutral on an automatic transmission.
- Press the “start” button once to turn on the ignition of your Toyota 4Runner
- Press a second time after a few seconds or extinction of the orange lights on your dashboard to start your Toyota 4Runner
How do I start a Toyota 4Runner without a key?
And to finish, we will see, how to start a Toyota 4Runner without a key? Let’s imagine that you have lost your keys and your car is open, this may seem logical. Nevertheless, you should know that if your Toyota 4Runner is more modern than the mid 90’s it will be tricky to turn on it without a key because of all the security gadgets present on it. As expected, this should only be done on YOUR car. Here is the technique to adhere to:
- Remove the cover that protects your steering wheel and locate among the 3 electric switches the one that concerns your engine/battery/starter (to help you, please bring your user manual).
- Strip, connect them mutually and isolate the battery and ignition wires (be careful not to electrocute yourself during the operation). You now have electricity as if you had the contact
- Finally, strip the starter wire and connect it quickly with the battery wire (do not make prolonged contact and only 1 or 2 seconds should be enough to start your Toyota 4Runner).
There, you’ve learned all the techniques to start a Toyota 4Runner.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Toyota 4Runner, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota 4Runner category.