You are the proud owner of a recent car, the joys of tactile devices, integrated technology should bring you a ease and comfort of use of your Toyota RAV4 notable, nevertheless, which says technology says electronic, and as we all unfortunately know in some cases there are trouble to solve. Today we will look at the tire pressure sensor and specifically how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Toyota RAV4, so that you won’t have ever again this indicator on your dashboard. To accomplish this, we will split our article into two parts, first we will talk about the typical circumstance of a tire pressure indicator light that appears and the method to follow, and then the circumstance of a tire indicator that stays on despite inflated tires, so how to reset this tire sensor on Toyota RAV4.
How to reset the tire pressure sensor on Toyota RAV4? By looking at the pressure of your tires
First, we will concentrate on the typical procedure to reset the tire sensor on Toyota RAV4, which if it lights up, here are the main steps:
- As you likely are aware of, an underinflated tire can go off, or explode, if you are driving and your Toyota RAV4’s tire pressure indicators pops up, quickly get out of the way, if you are on the highway hold your steering wheel strongly just in case.
- Once stopped, visually examine the state of your tyres, if one of them is entirely flat, replace your wheel, if it is only under-inflated, go cautiously to a petrol station.
- Check the tire pressure of your Toyota RAV4 using the pressure gauge and stick to the brand recommendations on a label in the driver’s door.
- If you perceive during this re-inflation that a tire is damaged, have it changed
- Finally, after re-inflation, you can turn your vehicle’s ignition back on and you should have carried out the logical technique of how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Toyota RAV4. The indicator light should have disappeared or go out after a few seconds. If it turns out this is not the circumstance, we advise you to go through the following section.
How to reset the Toyota RAV4 tire pressure sensor that is always on when the tire pressure is good
Reset tire pressure sensor Toyota RAV4
Now that you followed the basic method of how to remove the tire pressure sensor on Toyota RAV4, and it didn’t work, we will go forward to the second method, namely, the tires on my Toyota RAV4 are well inflated and I still want to make this light disappear. It likely means you have a faulty tire pressure sensor. For this concern, it will be important to reset the value in your vehicle’s dashboard. However, be cautious not to execute this while driving as pressure variations will affect your pressure sensors. Generally speaking you have to go through the car settings, then you should find an option to detect inflation or “deflation detection”, once in this tab, you have to hold down the selection button or the reset button according to the year of your Toyota RAV4 until there is a message from the automobile console that confirms that the reset is taken into account (it usually takes a few seconds). You can now turn off the ignition and restart your Toyota RAV4 to see if the tire pressure light has gone out.
Alternative solution to reset the tire pressure sensor on Toyota RAV4: Change a faulty tire pressure sensor
If, despite your reset, the tire pressure indicator on your Toyota RAV4 does not vanish, then the smartest choice is to go to your garage, it is likely the tire pressure sensor on the valve that is faulty or faulty on your Toyota RAV4. Be aware that generally the price of a unit is around 120€. Another choice that some prefer to do because the problem can be recurrent on some series is to deactivate the sensors through the use of an opcom and the diagnosis of your car. Nevertheless, this methodology is not suggested because it may cause improper handling and disruption of the normal performance of your Toyota RAV4. Now you have all the keys in your hand to know how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Toyota RAV4.
If you wish more guides on the Toyota RAV4, go to our Toyota RAV4 category.