You are the happy owner of a recent car, the joys of tactile gadgets, integrated technology should bring you a convenience of use of your Dodge Avenger notable, however, which says technology says electronic, and as we all sadly know oftentimes there are disorders to fix. Today we will concentrate on the tire pressure sensor and exactly how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Dodge Avenger, so that you won’t have ever again this indicator on your dashboard. To achieve this, we will separate our content into two parts, first of all we will discuss the classic circumstance of a tire pressure indicator light that happens and the technique to follow, and then the circumstance of a tire indicator that stays on even though inflated tires, so how to reset this tire sensor on Dodge Avenger.
How to reset the tire pressure sensor on Dodge Avenger? By verifying the pressure of your tires
First, we will focus on the typical way to reset the tire sensor on Dodge Avenger, which if it lights up, here are the main techniques:
- As you probably are aware of, an underinflated tire can go off, or explode, if you are driving and your Dodge Avenger’s tire pressure indicators comes on, quickly get out of the way, if you are on the highway hold your steering wheel firmly just in case.
- Once stopped, visually examine the condition of your tyres, if one of them is entirely flat, change your wheel, if it is only under-inflated, go cautiously to a petrol station.
- Check the tire pressure of your Dodge Avenger using the pressure gauge and follow the brand instructions on a label in the driver’s door.
- If you detect during this re-inflation that a tire is damaged, have it replaced
- Finally, after re-inflation, you can turn your vehicle’s ignition back on and you should have carried out the logical approach of how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Dodge Avenger. The indicator light should have disappeared or go out after a few seconds. If it turns out this is not the circumstance, we recommend you to go through the following sections.
How to reset the Dodge Avenger tire pressure sensor that remains on when the tire pressure is great
Reset tire pressure sensor Dodge Avenger
Now that you used the common technique of how to remove the tire pressure sensor on Dodge Avenger, and it didn’t work, we will go forward to the second solution, namely, the tires on my Dodge Avenger are well inflated and I still want to make this light disappear. It probably shows you have a faulty tire pressure sensor. For this trouble, it will be important to reset the value in your vehicle’s dashboard. Nevertheless, be cautious not to accomplish this while driving as pressure variations will affect your pressure sensors. In most cases you have to go through the car settings, then you should find an option to diagnose inflation or “deflation detection”, once in this tab, you have to hold down the selection button or the reset button depending to the year of your Dodge Avenger until you see a message from the car console that confirms that the reset is taken into account (it usually takes a few seconds). You can now turn off the ignition and restart your Dodge Avenger to see if the tire pressure light has gone out.
Substitute solution to reset the tire pressure sensor on Dodge Avenger: Change a faulty tire pressure sensor
If, despite your reset, the tire pressure indicator on your Dodge Avenger does not vanish, then the smartest choice is to go to your workshop, it is probably the tire pressure sensor on the valve that is defective or faulty on your Dodge Avenger. Be aware that in general the price of a unit is around 120€. Another alternative that some prefer to adopt because the problem can be recurrent on some series is to deactivate the sensors through the use of an opcom and the diagnosis of your car. However, this methodology is not suggested because it may cause improper handling and disruption of the normal operation of your Dodge Avenger. Now you have all the keys in your hand to know how to reset the tire pressure sensor on Dodge Avenger.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Dodge Avenger, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Avenger category.