You are the excited owner of a recent vehicle, the pleasures of tactile gadgets, integrated technology should bring you a ease and comfort of use of your BMW X6 notable, however, which says technology says electronic, and as we all unfortunately know occasionally there are disorders to resolve. Today we will look at the tire pressure sensor and specifically how to reset the tire pressure sensor on BMW X6, so that you won’t have anymore this indicator on your dashboard. To accomplish this, we will split our article into two parts, first we will focus on the classic case of a tire pressure indicator light that shows up and the technique to follow, and then the case of a tire indicator that remains on even though inflated tires, so how to reset this tire sensor on BMW X6.
How to reset the tire pressure sensor on BMW X6? By examining the pressure of your tires
First, we will concentrate on the classic way to reset the tire sensor on BMW X6, which if it lights up, here are the main actions:
- As you almost certainly know, an underinflated tire can go off, or explode, if you are driving and your BMW X6’s tire pressure indicators pops up, rather quickly get out of the way, if you are on the highway hold your steering wheel strongly just in case.
- Once stopped, visually check the state of your tyres, if one of them is totally flat, swap your wheel, if it is only under-inflated, go carefully to a petrol station.
- Examine the tire pressure of your BMW X6 using the pressure gauge and stick to the brand recommendations on a label in the driver’s door.
- If you perceive during this re-inflation that a tire is harmed, have it changed
- Finally, after re-inflation, you can turn your vehicle’s ignition back on and you should have applied the logical methodology of how to reset the tire pressure sensor on BMW X6. The indicator light should have disappeared or turned off after a few seconds. If this is not the case, we recommend you to browse the following sections.
How to reset the BMW X6 tire pressure sensor that remains on when the tire pressure is good
Reset tire pressure sensor BMW X6
Now that you used the basic technique of how to remove the tire pressure sensor on BMW X6, and it didn’t work, we will move on to the second option, namely, the tires on my BMW X6 are well inflated and I still want to make this light disappear. It almost certainly shows you have a faulty tire pressure sensor. For this purpose, it will be necessary to reset the value in your vehicle’s dashboard. Even so, be careful not to accomplish this while driving as pressure variations will disturb your pressure sensors. Generally you have to go through the vehicle options, then you should find an option to detect inflation or “deflation detection”, once in this tab, you have to hold down the selection button or the reset button depending to the year of your BMW X6 until there is a message from the car console that verifies that the reset is taken into account (it usually takes a few seconds). You can now turn off the ignition and restart your BMW X6 to see if the tire pressure light has gone out.
Optional solution to reset the tire pressure sensor on BMW X6: Replace a faulty tire pressure sensor
If, despite your reset, the tire pressure indicator on your BMW X6 does not vanish, then the best method is to go to your garage, it is almost certainly the tire pressure sensor on the valve that is malfunctioning or faulty on your BMW X6. Be aware that in general the price of a unit is around 120€. Another solution that some prefer to use because the problem can be recurrent on some series is to deactivate the sensors through the use of an opcom and the diagnosis of your vehicle. However, this methodology is not recommended because it may cause improper handling and disruption of the normal performance of your BMW X6. Now you have all the keys in your hand to know how to reset the tire pressure sensor on BMW X6.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the BMW X6, do not hesitate to consult our BMW X6 category.