We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. In the present day, we are going to discover a concern that may seem minor but that quickly turns out to be annoying if it is not corrected. In truth, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Volkswagen Atlas card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electricity your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to change the battery of the card of your Volkswagen Atlas?, and, at last, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Volkswagen Atlas.
How does the key card of your Volkswagen Atlas operate?
Before we teach you how to change the batteries in your Volkswagen Atlas hands-free card, we will fairly quickly illustrate how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had difficulty finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car suppliers have been looking into this trouble. With the advent of new wireless technologies, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the history! We are going to present you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can intercommunicate.
- It permits you to open the Volkswagen Atlas simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is close to your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that permits to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the help of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Volkswagen Atlas if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Volkswagen Atlas?
We will now go forward to the part that interests you the most in this document, how to change the key card battery of an Volkswagen Atlas? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it manually. Relating to the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Volkswagen Atlas:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key at the same time.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin thing to remove the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to purchase for the card of my Volkswagen Atlas?
Finally, to finish our article content we will help you to select the card battery type of your Volkswagen Atlas. They all look very equivalent and it is not always easy to select the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your Volkswagen Atlas, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Atlas, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Atlas category.