We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . Today, we are going to take a look at a concern that may seem insignificant but that quickly turns out to be frustrating if it is not solved. In fact, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Renault Scenic 2 card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electricity your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Renault Scenic 2?, and, finally, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Renault Scenic 2.
How does the key card of your Renault Scenic 2 operate?
Before we demonstrate how to replace the batteries in your Renault Scenic 2 hands-free card, we will quickly summarize how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had issues locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car suppliers have been looking into this issue. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will quickly become a thing of the history! We are going to show you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can intercommunicate.
- It enables you to open the Renault Scenic 2 simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is in close proximity to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that enables to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Renault Scenic 2 if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Renault Scenic 2?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this content, how to replace the key card battery of an Renault Scenic 2? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it by hand. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is place the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Renault Scenic 2:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key at the same time.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to take off the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to purchase for the card of my Renault Scenic 2?
Finally, to finish our article we will help you to choose the card battery type of your Renault Scenic 2. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to choose the suitable one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Renault Scenic 2, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Renault Scenic 2, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Scenic 2 category.