We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this guide, we are going to take a look at an issue that may seem unimportant but that fairly quickly turns out to be frustrating if it is not repaired. In fact, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Nissan Micra 5 card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electric power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to change the battery of the card of your Nissan Micra 5?, and, finally, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Nissan Micra 5.
How does the key card of your Nissan Micra 5 function?
Before we teach you how to change the batteries in your Nissan Micra 5 hands-free card, we will fairly quickly illustrate how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had difficulties finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car makers have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to show you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It enables you to open the Nissan Micra 5 simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is in close proximity to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that enables to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the help of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Nissan Micra 5 if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Nissan Micra 5?
We will now go forward to the part that interests you the most in this document, how to change the key card battery of an Nissan Micra 5? Effectively this wireless technology needs energy to function. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it manually. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is put the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Nissan Micra 5:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key concurrently.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin thing to take off the flat battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to purchase for the card of my Nissan Micra 5?
At last, to end our content page we will help you to choose the card battery type of your Nissan Micra 5. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to choose the right one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your Nissan Micra 5, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To discover more tips on the Nissan Micra 5, take a look at the Nissan Micra 5 category.