We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this article, we are going to see a problem that may seem insignificant but that promptly turns out to be annoying if it is not corrected. In truth, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Mazda CX 30 card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no electric power your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Mazda CX 30?, and, finally, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Mazda CX 30.
How does the key card of your Mazda CX 30 operate?
Before we explain how to replace the batteries in your Mazda CX 30 hands-free card, we will quickly summarize how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had problem locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car brands have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to present you the features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can connect.
- It enables you to open the Mazda CX 30 simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two types of key card, one that enables to open and close like a centralized locking mechanism with the support of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Mazda CX 30 if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Mazda CX 30?
We will now go forward to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to replace the key card battery of an Mazda CX 30? Effectively this wireless technology necessitates energy to operate. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it physically. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is put the card in the slot included for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Mazda CX 30:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key simultaneously.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to remove the used battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work immediately, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to purchase for the card of my Mazda CX 30?
Finally, to finish our short post we will support you to choose the card battery type of your Mazda CX 30. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to choose the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Mazda CX 30, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you wish more tutorials on the Mazda CX 30, go to our Mazda CX 30 category.