We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this guide, we are going to discover a concern that may seem insignificant but that quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not fixed. Indeed, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Honda HR V card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electricity your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to change the battery of the card of your Honda HR V?, and, finally, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Honda HR V.
How does the key card of your Honda HR V function?
Before we demonstrate how to change the batteries in your Honda HR V hands-free card, we will promptly summarize how it works and the benefits it will provide you. Who hasn’t had problems finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car suppliers have been looking into this difficulty. With the advent of new wireless solutions, key problems will promptly become a thing of the past! We are going to present you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can connect.
- It allows you to open the Honda HR V simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is close to your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that allows to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Honda HR V if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Honda HR V?
We will in this part go forward to the part that interests you the most in this content, how to change the key card battery of an Honda HR V? Effectively this wireless technology requires energy to function. When the batteries of your card are dead you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it physically. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Honda HR V:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a slim object to remove the used battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work immediately, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to buy for the card of my Honda HR V?
At last, to end our article we will help you to choose the card battery type of your Honda HR V. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to choose the correct one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, relating to the number of the battery according to the year of your Honda HR V, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you have any additional questions about the Honda HR V, do not hesitate to consult our Honda HR V category.