We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. Today, we are going to look at an issue that may seem unimportant but that fairly quickly turns out to be frustrating if it is not fixed. In fact, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Dodge Charger card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but with no power your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Dodge Charger?, and, at last, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Dodge Charger.
How does the key card of your Dodge Charger work?
Before we demonstrate how to replace the batteries in your Dodge Charger hands-free card, we will fairly quickly describe how it works and the benefits it will provide you. Who hasn’t had trouble finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car makers have been looking into this problem. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will fairly quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to demonstrate you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the car and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It enables you to open the Dodge Charger simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is next to your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that enables to open and close like a centralized lock with the support of a press button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Dodge Charger if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Dodge Charger?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this document, how to replace the key card battery of an Dodge Charger? Effectively this wireless technology requires energy to work. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your car, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it manually. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Dodge Charger:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key at the same time.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin object to remove the flat battery from the card
- Put in the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work immediately, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which type of battery to buy for the card of my Dodge Charger?
At last, to end our short post we will support you to select the card battery type of your Dodge Charger. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to select the right one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your Dodge Charger, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
If you have any further questions about the Dodge Charger, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Charger category.