We have dedicated this website to help you solve the little problems you can face with your car . In this guide, we are going to look at an issue that may seem insignificant but that rather quickly turns out to be bothering if it is not repaired. In fact, we are going to support you to know how to replace my Audi A3 card battery? The benefit of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electricity your card will be ineffective. That’s why, first, we will see how the card functions, then how to change the battery of the card of your Audi A3?, and, at last, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Audi A3.
How does the key card of your Audi A3 work?
Before we describe how to change the batteries in your Audi A3 hands-free card, we will quickly describe how it works and the benefits it will provide you. Who hasn’t had issues locating their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car producers have been looking into this difficulty. With the advent of new wireless systems, key problems will quickly become a thing of the past! We are going to present you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can communicate.
- It permits you to open the Audi A3 simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is near your car
- There are two versions of key card, one that permits to open and close like a centralized lock with the support of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Audi A3 if you run out of battery power.
How do I change the card battery of my Audi A3?
We will in this part move on to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to change the key card battery of an Audi A3? Effectively this wireless technology requires energy to work. When the batteries of your card are flat you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the included physical key you can do it by hand. Regarding the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Audi A3:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key simultaneously.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin thing to remove the used battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work automatically, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to buy for the card of my Audi A3?
At last, to finish our article we will support you to choose the card battery type of your Audi A3. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to choose the good one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, concerning the number of the battery according to the year of your Audi A3, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To discover more tips on the Audi A3, take a look at the Audi A3 category.