If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re almost certainly willing to look after almost all of the service to be completed on your Volvo S90, but some are more challenging than others and need the removal of body parts or parts to access the component you want to work on. We want to help you in this operation. That’s why on this web page we are going to view how to remove the bumper from a Volvo S90. This operation is not very challenging and you should be able to do it with few tools. To accomplish this, first we will discover how to remove the front bumper of your Volvo S90, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Volvo S90
So let’s commence our article content with the front bumper of your Volvo S90. To remove it, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the steps you will have to follow in order to disassemble the bumper of your Volvo S90 in good conditions:
- If you want to be more relaxed, we encourage you to put your Volvo S90 on stands and to remove the front wheels to have a good access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your car: Would seem obvious, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take out the wheel arches: They’re also described as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and stop you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Volvo S90. Depending on your vehicle features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to accomplish this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it gently with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is in back of your mudguard and that fastens the front bumper of your Volvo S90 on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go beneath your Volvo S90 to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the vehicle, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure to unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you perhaps forgot a screw or a clip. Think of using a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Volvo S90, to reassemble it follow the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Volvo S90
And now, regardless if the operation is quite similar, we will take a look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Volvo S90. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will exclusively give you the broad highlights, read the part 1 if you have any doubts or questions for more info.
- Start with carrying out the same first step, that is, lift your Volvo S90 and take out your rear wheels in order to have an ideal working space to remove the bumper of your Volvo S90 without trouble
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Volvo S90 to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take out the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it much easier to remove the bumper from your Volvo S90.
- Remove the lower bindings underneath your Volvo S90.
- Simultaneously, make sure to disconnect the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Volvo S90, follow the same technique as for the front bumper
Here, you have learned through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Volvo S90 whether it is the front one or the rear one the solutions are more or less the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
If you have any additional questions about the Volvo S90, do not hesitate to consult our Volvo S90 category.