If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re almost certainly willing to look after the majority of the maintenance to be done on your Peugeot 208, but some are more challenging than others and require the removal of body parts or components to access the component you want to focus on. We would really like to help you in this task. That’s why in this article we are going to discover how to remove the bumper from a Peugeot 208. This task is not very challenging and you should have the ability to do it with few tools. To do so , first we will discover how to remove the front bumper of your Peugeot 208, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Peugeot 208
So let’s begin our article with the front bumper of your Peugeot 208. To take it off, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the guidelines you will have to adhere to to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Peugeot 208 in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfortable, we encourage you to put your Peugeot 208 on stands and to remove the front wheels to have a best access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your motor vehicle: Seems obvious, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take away the wheel arches: They’re also named fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Peugeot 208. According to your car features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to accomplish this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it gently with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is behind your mudguard and that locks the front bumper of your Peugeot 208 on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine bay.
- Now it’s time to go underneath your Peugeot 208 to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the car, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure to unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you almost certainly forgot a screw or a clip. Think of working with a carpet or other to prevent that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Peugeot 208, to put it back in place adhere to the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Peugeot 208
And to finish, regardless if the process is quite identical, we will look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Peugeot 208. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will simply give you the broad highlights, read the part 1 if you have any doubts or questions for more information.
- Start with undertaking the same first step, that is, lift your Peugeot 208 and remove your rear wheels to be able to have an ideal working space to remove the bumper of your Peugeot 208 serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Peugeot 208 to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take away the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it easier to remove the bumper from your Peugeot 208.
- Take away the lower bindings underneath your Peugeot 208.
- At the same time, make sure to disconnect the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Peugeot 208, adhere to the same method as for the front bumper
Here, you have discoverd through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Peugeot 208 whether it is the front one or the rear one the ways are more or less the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
If you need more guides on the Peugeot 208, go to our Peugeot 208 category.