If you’re a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, you’re most certainly wanting to take care of the majority of the work to be carried out on your Mitsubishi Space star 2, but some are more complicated than others and necessitate the removal of body parts or parts to access the part you want to focus on. We really want to help you in this task. That’s why today we are going to view how to remove the bumper from a Mitsubishi Space star 2. This action is not very complicated and you should have the ability to do it with few tools. To accomplish this, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Mitsubishi Space star 2, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Mitsubishi Space star 2
So let’s begin our content page with the front bumper of your Mitsubishi Space star 2. To take it off, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the steps you will have to adhere to to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Mitsubishi Space star 2 in good conditions:
- If you want to be more relaxed, we encourage you to lift your Mitsubishi Space star 2 and to remove the front wheels to have a perfect access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your car: Seems evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take away the wheel arches: They’re also called fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Mitsubishi Space star 2. According to your motor vehicle features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to get this done, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it gently with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is behind your mudguard and that seals the front bumper of your Mitsubishi Space star 2 on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go beneath your Mitsubishi Space star 2 to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the motor vehicle, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Remember to disconnect the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you probably forgot a screw or a clip. Think of employing a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Mitsubishi Space star 2, to put it back in place adhere to the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Mitsubishi Space star 2
And to conclude, whether or not the operation is quite similar, we will take a look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Mitsubishi Space star 2. For each stage to avoid repeating ourselves we will only give you the broad outlines, read the part 1 if you have any concerns or questions for more information.
- Start by performing the same first stage, that is, lift your Mitsubishi Space star 2 and take out your rear wheels to be able to have an ideal working space to remove the bumper of your Mitsubishi Space star 2 without trouble
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Mitsubishi Space star 2 to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take away the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it more convenient to remove the bumper from your Mitsubishi Space star 2.
- Take off the lower bindings underneath your Mitsubishi Space star 2.
- Simultaneously, be sure you un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Mitsubishi Space star 2, adhere to the same operation as for the front bumper
Here, you have discoverd through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Mitsubishi Space star 2 whether it is the front one or the rear one the methods are more or less the same and it is enough to be meticulous to make everything go well.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Mitsubishi Space star 2, do not hesitate to consult our Mitsubishi Space star 2 category.