If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re almost certainly wanting to manage the vast majority of the maintenance to be done on your Chevrolet Corvette, but some are more complicated than others and require the removal of body parts or elements to access the component you want to work on. We want to help you in this operation. That’s why in this article we are going to see how to remove the bumper from a Chevrolet Corvette. This action is not very complicated and you should be able to do it with few tools. To accomplish this, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Chevrolet Corvette, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Chevrolet Corvette
So let’s begin our article content with the front bumper of your Chevrolet Corvette. To remove it, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the guidelines you will have to follow to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Chevrolet Corvette in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfortable, we suggest you to put your Chevrolet Corvette on stands and to remove the front wheels to have a good access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your car: Seems evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take out the wheel arches: They’re also called fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Chevrolet Corvette. According to your motor vehicle features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to get this done, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it delicately with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is in back of your mudguard and that locks the front bumper of your Chevrolet Corvette on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go below your Chevrolet Corvette to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the motor vehicle, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Remember to unplug the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you quite likely forgot a screw or a clip. Think of working with a carpet or other to avoid that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Chevrolet Corvette, to reassemble it follow the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Chevrolet Corvette
And to conclude, even if the procedure is quite equivalent, we will check out the case of removing the rear bumper from your Chevrolet Corvette. For each stage to avoid repeating ourselves we will just give you the broad outlines, read the part 1 if you have any concerns or questions for more details.
- Start by performing the same first stage, that is, lift your Chevrolet Corvette and take out your rear wheels to be able to have an ideal working space to remove the bumper of your Chevrolet Corvette serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Chevrolet Corvette to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take out the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it easier to remove the bumper from your Chevrolet Corvette.
- Take off the lower bindings underneath your Chevrolet Corvette.
- At the same time, make sure un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Chevrolet Corvette, follow the same method as for the front bumper
Here, you have discoverd through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Chevrolet Corvette whether it is the front one or the rear one the solutions are just about the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
If you want more tutorials on the Chevrolet Corvette, go to our Chevrolet Corvette category.