If you’re a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, you’re most certainly wanting to take care of most of the service to be achieved on your Acura RDX, but some are more complicated than others and need the removal of body parts or components to access the part you want to work on. We want to help you in this task. That’s why in this article we are going to find out how to remove the bumper from a Acura RDX. This procedure is not very complicated and you should be able to do it with few equipment. For that, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Acura RDX, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Acura RDX
So let’s commence our article content with the front bumper of your Acura RDX. To remove it, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the steps you will have to follow to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Acura RDX in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfortable, we suggest you to lift your Acura RDX and to remove the front wheels to have a best access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your vehicle: Seems evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take off the wheel arches: They’re also named fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Acura RDX. According to your car features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to accomplish this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it gently with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is from behind your mudguard and that fastens the front bumper of your Acura RDX on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine bay.
- Now it’s time to go underneath your Acura RDX to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the car, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Remember to disconnect the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you almost certainly forgot a screw or a clip. Think of using a carpet or other to prevent that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Acura RDX, to put it back in place follow the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Acura RDX
And now, even if the process is quite similar, we will look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Acura RDX. For each step to avoid repeating ourselves we will exclusively give you the broad outlines, refer to part 1 if you have any doubts or questions for more details.
- Start with carrying out the same first step, that is, lift your Acura RDX and take out your rear wheels to be able to have an ideal working space to remove the bumper of your Acura RDX without trouble
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Acura RDX to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take off the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it more convenient to remove the bumper from your Acura RDX.
- Take off the lower bindings below your Acura RDX.
- Simultaneously, remember to un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Acura RDX, follow the same operation as for the front bumper
Here, you have discoverd through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Acura RDX whether it is the front one or the rear one the approaches are just about the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
To discover more tips on the Acura RDX, take a look at the Acura RDX category.