Whether you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, dispose of green waste, or have a hitch is really handy. In this post, we will explain the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a skoda yeti . Indeed, regardless if the installation procedure is not complex, it is necessary to explain some points to consider this task without any issue. Firstly, we will discover what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch contains, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a skoda yeti .
What’s the wiring harness for a skoda yeti hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a skoda yeti?
So we will begin our article by detailing the principles of a wiring harness of a skoda yeti. In order to figure out how it functions, you must already figure out its necessity. Whether you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is important and earlier all mandatory by the highway code to follow certain laws, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to satisfy all the electrical regulations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your skoda yeti . We will focus on this in this article, if you want to learn how to install the hitch of a skoda yeti, please discover our article on this subject.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a skoda yeti?
We will now quickly explain how the electrical connection of your hitch functions. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your skoda yeti. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a skoda yeti trailer, 7 pins : This is the classic plug that will be found on all skoda yeti hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions necessary for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will find a plug for each function (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for skoda yeti: This plug system is mainly used for caravans that necessitate 12 volts inside to supply the various electrical equipment in the cabin. This type of connection requires the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a skoda yeti?
To finish this article, we will quickly explain you how to produce the connection of the wiring harness of your skoda yeti .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old skoda yeti?
To install the wiring harness of an old skoda yeti, you will have to go and get all the necessary cables in the rear lights of this one. We suggest you to call in a car electrician for this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the main steps to be performed:
- Remove the trunk lining from your skoda yeti to access the rear light unit.
- Locate the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent skoda yeti?
For new skoda yetis, the wiring harness is much simpler to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will find specific ones for your skoda yeti and universal models. It’s up to you to choose according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Remove the trunk lining from your skoda yeti so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your skoda yeti and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk effectively.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on skoda yeti?
Finally, to finish this article we will quickly explain you how to produce the electrical connection of a caravan on your skoda yeti . To achieve this you will inevitably have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to choose the one that corresponds to your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
To find more tips on the skoda yeti, take a look at the skoda yeti category.