Whether you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, dispose of green waste, or have a hitch is pretty handy. In this article, we will show you the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Mercury Grand Marquis . Indeed, even if the set up procedure is not complex, it is required to clarify some details to consider this task without any problem. First of all, we will discover what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch involves, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Mercury Grand Marquis .
What’s the wiring harness for a Mercury Grand Marquis hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Mercury Grand Marquis?
So we will begin our content page by explaining the fundamentals of a wiring harness of a Mercury Grand Marquis. In order to understand how it works, you must previously understand its necessity. Whether you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is important and earlier all mandatory by the highway code to respect certain rules, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to satisfy all the electrical requirements, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Mercury Grand Marquis . We will focus on this in this article, if you want to learn how to install the hitch of a Mercury Grand Marquis, please discover our content page on this theme.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Mercury Grand Marquis?
We will now quickly show you how the electrical connection of your hitch works. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your Mercury Grand Marquis. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Mercury Grand Marquis trailer, 7 pins : This is the classic plug that will be located on all Mercury Grand Marquis hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions required for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will locate a plug for each action (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Mercury Grand Marquis: This plug system is mainly used for caravans that involve 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical gear in the cabin. This sort of connection needs the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Mercury Grand Marquis?
To conclude this content page, we will quickly show you you how to produce the connection of the wiring harness of your Mercury Grand Marquis .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Mercury Grand Marquis?
To install the wiring harness of an old Mercury Grand Marquis, you will have to go and get all the required cables in the rear lights of this one. We suggest you to call in a car electrician to do this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the most important steps to be carried out:
- Remove the trunk lining from your Mercury Grand Marquis to access the rear light unit.
- Find the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Mercury Grand Marquis?
For recent Mercury Grand Marquiss, the wiring harness is much less complicated to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will locate specific ones for your Mercury Grand Marquis and universal models. It’s up to you to select according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Remove the trunk lining from your Mercury Grand Marquis so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Mercury Grand Marquis and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk properly.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Mercury Grand Marquis?
Finally, to conclude this content page we will quickly show you you how to produce the electrical connection of a caravan on your Mercury Grand Marquis . To achieve this you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to select the one that points your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
To discover more tips on the Mercury Grand Marquis, take a look at the Mercury Grand Marquis category.