Whether you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, get rid of of green waste, or have a hitch is fairly handy. In this article, we will describe the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Kia Forte . Obviously, even if the installation procedure is not complex, it is necessary to describe some details to consider this intervention without any problem. First of all, we will discover what the electrical wiring harness of your motor vehicle hitch consists of, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Kia Forte .
What’s the wiring harness for a Kia Forte hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Kia Forte?
So we will begin our content by detailing the basics of a wiring harness of a Kia Forte. In order to discover how it works, you must already discover its necessity. Whether you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is necessary and above all mandatory by the highway code to respect certain protocols, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to satisfy all the electrical obligations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Kia Forte . We will concentrate on this in this article, if you want to find out how to install the hitch of a Kia Forte, please discover our content on this theme.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Kia Forte?
We will now fairly quickly describe how the electrical connection of your hitch works. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your motor vehicle to power the hitch lights on your Kia Forte. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Kia Forte trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be located on all Kia Forte hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions required for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will find a plug for each action (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Kia Forte: This plug system is mainly used for caravans that involve 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical gear in the cabin. This type of connection requires the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the car is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Kia Forte?
To conclude this content, we will fairly quickly describe you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Kia Forte .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Kia Forte?
To mount the wiring harness of an old Kia Forte, you will have to go and get all the necessary cables in the rear lights of this one. We advise you to call in a motor vehicle electrician to do this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the most important steps to be accomplished:
- Take out the trunk lining from your Kia Forte to access the rear light unit.
- Identify the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Kia Forte?
For recent Kia Fortes, the wiring harness is much less complicated to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will find specific ones for your Kia Forte and universal models. It’s up to you to select according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Take out the trunk lining from your Kia Forte so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Kia Forte and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk properly.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Kia Forte?
Finally, to conclude this content we will fairly quickly describe you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Kia Forte . To get this done you will inevitably have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to select the one that points your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Kia Forte, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Forte category.