Whether you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, get rid of of green waste, or have a hitch is pretty handy. On this page, we will show you the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Citroen Cactus . In truth, even if the set up procedure is not complex, it is required to describe some points to consider this task without any problem. Firstly, we will see what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch contains, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Citroen Cactus .
What’s the wiring harness for a Citroen Cactus hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Citroen Cactus?
So we will begin our content by detailing the basics of a wiring harness of a Citroen Cactus. In order to discover how it works, you must previously discover its necessity. Whether you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is essential and above all mandatory by the highway code to respect certain rules, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to meet all the electrical obligations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Citroen Cactus . We will concentrate on this in this post, if you want to learn how to install the hitch of a Citroen Cactus, please see our content on this topic.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Citroen Cactus?
We will now fairly quickly show you how the electrical connection of your hitch works. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your Citroen Cactus. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Citroen Cactus trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be found on all Citroen Cactus hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions necessary for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will discover a plug for each action (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Citroen Cactus: This plug system is principally used for caravans that involve 12 volts inside to supply the various electrical devices in the cabin. This type of connection requires the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Citroen Cactus?
To finish this content, we will fairly quickly show you you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Citroen Cactus .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Citroen Cactus?
To install the wiring harness of an old Citroen Cactus, you will have to go and get all the required cables in the rear lights of this one. We suggest you to call in a car electrician for this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the most important steps to be carried out:
- Take out the trunk lining from your Citroen Cactus to access the rear light unit.
- Find the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Citroen Cactus?
For modern Citroen Cactuss, the wiring harness is much less complicated to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will discover particular ones for your Citroen Cactus and universal models. It’s up to you to select according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Take out the trunk lining from your Citroen Cactus so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Citroen Cactus and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the case in the trunk effectively.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Citroen Cactus?
Finally, to finish this content we will fairly quickly show you you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Citroen Cactus . To get this done you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to select the one that corresponds to your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
To discover more tips on the Citroen Cactus, take a look at the Citroen Cactus category.