If you are the new possessor of a Toyota Avalon, have been lent one, or have leased one, you may not yet know all the specifics of this motor vehicle. This is precisely the subject of this content page, we will help you to carry out a common but key procedure on 3-door cars in order to travel with more than 2 passengers. That’s why we are going to teach you how to fold a front seat on a Toyota Avalon, for that, first of all, we are going to talk about the different settings of the front seat of your motor vehicle, and, in a second step, the different methods to fold the front seat of a Toyota Avalon..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Toyota Avalon
To begin, we’ll start our content page by telling you the different settings existing on the front seat of a Toyota Avalon. In fact, regardless if you want to fold one of your front seats on your vehicle, you should know that according to the model of your car and its packages you will have access to different configuration settings, here are most of the settings you can have on your Toyota Avalon:
- Simple and crucial adjustment for driving without taking risks, this adjustment of the front seat of your Toyota Avalon allows you to adapt the proximity of the seat to the pedals in order to fit the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting allows you to have a better ability to see of the road, for tiny people we tend to raise the seat and for big people to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be mislead with the control to fold the seat of a Toyota Avalon, this setting will allow you, based upon the length of your arms, to have the best driving position without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some finish, you will in addition be able to adjust the lumbar support given by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Toyota Avalon?
After identifying all the seat adjustments, we will now assist you to fold down the front seat of your Toyota Avalon. Please take note that subject to the number of doors on your car the process will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to transport a passenger on a 3-door Toyota Avalon, or whether you want to fold it down to carry bulky stuff on a 5-door Toyota Avalon, it will not be the same technique, here are the different techniques to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Toyota Avalon.
As we informed you ahead of, whether it’s to get a traveler in the back seat, or to carry bulky things, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Toyota Avalon is important. This step is quite common, and depending on the year of your Toyota Avalon the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different spots, here are the 3 possible places for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat in most cases in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Activating this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Toyota Avalon and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Toyota Avalon
As for folding the front seat of a Toyota Avalon 5-door, the approach is not the same because since it is not built to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same functionality we just talked about earlier. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Toyota Avalon will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky objects. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your Toyota Avalon, don’t hesitate to consult our content page dedicated to this manipulation.
If you want more guides on the Toyota Avalon, go to our Toyota Avalon category.