Regardless you are the new possessor of a Mitsubishi Outlander, have been lent one, or have rented one, you may not yet know all the main features of this car. This is specifically the subject of this content page, we will help you to conduct a common but important task on 3-door cars in order to travel with more than 2 passengers. That’s why we are going to show you how to fold a front seat on a Mitsubishi Outlander, for that, first of all, we are going to review the different adjustments of the front seat of your car, and, in a second part, the different ways to fold the front seat of a Mitsubishi Outlander..
The different front seat adjustments of an Mitsubishi Outlander
To begin, we’ll commence our content page by presenting the different positioning existing on the front seat of a Mitsubishi Outlander. Indeed, even if you want to fold one of your front seats on your car, you should know that according to the model of your car and its packages you will have have the possibility of using different configuration settings, here are most of the settings you will find on your Mitsubishi Outlander:
- Basic and essential adjustment for driving without taking risks, this adjustment of the front seat of your Mitsubishi Outlander enables you to adjust the distance of the seat to the pedals in order to adapt to the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting enables you to have a better vision of the road, for tiny persons we tend to bring up the seat and for big persons to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be mislead with the control to fold the seat of a Mitsubishi Outlander, this setting will allow you, based upon the length of your arms, to have a perfect driving posture without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some interior packages, you will even be able to adjust the lumbar support offered by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Mitsubishi Outlander?
After learning about all the seat settings, we will now assist you to fold down the front seat of your Mitsubishi Outlander. Please take note that according to the number of doors on your car the operation will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to transport a passenger on a 3-door Mitsubishi Outlander, or whether you want to fold it down to deliver large things on a 5-door Mitsubishi Outlander, it will not be the same technique, here are the different procedures to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Mitsubishi Outlander.
As we advised you earlier, whether it’s to get a passenger in the back seat, or to carry large things, knowing how to fold the front seat down from its Mitsubishi Outlander is useful. This procedure is quite common, and depending on the year of your Mitsubishi Outlander the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different locations, here are the 3 possible places for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat in most cases in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Activating this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Mitsubishi Outlander and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Mitsubishi Outlander
As for folding the front seat of a Mitsubishi Outlander 5-door, the procedure is not the same because since it is not built to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same functionality we just talked about earlier. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Mitsubishi Outlander will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky stuff. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough space and want to fold the rear seat of your Mitsubishi Outlander, don’t be reluctant to read our content page dedicated to this manipulation.
If you wish more tutorials on the Mitsubishi Outlander, go to our Mitsubishi Outlander category.