Whether you are the new possessor of a Mazda 6, have been lent one, or have rented one, you may not yet know all the specs of this car. This is specifically the subject of this content page, we will help you to perform a simple but key step on 3-door cars to be able to travel with more than 2 passengers. That’s why we are going to show you how to fold a front seat on a Mazda 6, for that, first of all, we are going to talk about the different adjustments of the front seat of your car, and, in a second part, the different techniques to fold the front seat of a Mazda 6..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Mazda 6
To start, we’ll start our content page by detailing the different settings existing on the front seat of a Mazda 6. Indeed, whether or not you want to fold one of your front seats on your car, you should know that according to the model of your car and its packages you will have have the possibility of using different configuration settings, here are the vast majority of the settings you will find on your Mazda 6:
- Fundamental and crucial adjustment for driving without taking risks, this configuration settings of the front seat of your Mazda 6 allows you to adapt the distance of the seat to the pedals to be able to conform to the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting allows you to have a better ability to see of the road, for small persons we often elevate the seat and for big persons to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be confused with the control to fold the seat of a Mazda 6, this setting will allow you, determined by the length of your arms, to have the best driving position without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some series, you will even be able to change the lumbar support offered by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Mazda 6?
After finding out about all the seat configurations, we will now assist you to fold down the front seat of your Mazda 6. Please remember that depending on the number of doors on your car the procedure will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to carry a passenger on a 3-door Mazda 6, or whether you want to fold it down to deliver heavy objects on a 5-door Mazda 6, it will not be the same procedure, here are the different procedures to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Mazda 6.
As we informed you ahead of, whether it’s to get a traveler in the back seat, or to carry heavy objects, knowing how to fold the front seat down from its Mazda 6 is essential. This technique is quite simple, and depending on the year of your Mazda 6 the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different spots, here are the 3 possible spots for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat in general in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pressing this lever will totally fold down the front seat back of your Mazda 6 and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Mazda 6
As for folding the front seat of a Mazda 6 5-door, the approach is not the same because since it is not built to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same features we just talked about earlier on. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Mazda 6 will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky objects. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your Mazda 6, don’t be reluctant to consult our content page dedicated to this manipulation.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Mazda 6, do not hesitate to consult our Mazda 6 category.