Perhaps you are the new possessor of a BMW X3, have been lent one, or have rented one, you may not yet know all the particulars of this motor vehicle. This is specifically the subject of this article content, we will help you to perform a simple but important procedure on 3-door cars to be able to transport more than 2 persons. That’s why we are going to teach you how to fold a front seat on a BMW X3, for that, first of all, we are going to review the different adjustments of the front seat of your motor vehicle, and, in a second part, the different methods to fold the front seat of a BMW X3..
The different front seat configurations settings of an BMW X3
First of all, we’ll start our article content by describing the different positioning existing on the front seat of a BMW X3. In reality, regardless if you want to fold one of your front seats on your motor vehicle, you should know that based on the model of your car and its packages you will have access to different configuration settings, here are the majority of the settings you will find on your BMW X3:
- Standard and fundamental adjustment for driving without taking risks, this adjustment of the front seat of your BMW X3 permits you to change the distance of the seat to the pedals to be able to adapt to the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting permits you to have a better perspective of the road, for small people we usually elevate the seat and for big people to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” setting is the seat inclination, not to be confounded with the control to fold the seat of a BMW X3, this setting will allow you, based upon the length of your arms, to have the ideal driving position without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some interior packages, you will also be able to change the lumbar support given by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a BMW X3?
After finding out about all the seat adjustments, we will in this part assist you to fold down the front seat of your BMW X3. Please bear in mind that according to the number of doors on your car the method will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to carry a passenger on a 3-door BMW X3, or whether you want to fold it down to transport large things on a 5-door BMW X3, it will not be the same process, here are the different techniques to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door BMW X3.
As we told you just before, whether it’s to get a person in the back seat, or to carry large stuff, knowing how to fold the front seat down from its BMW X3 is useful. This procedure is quite simple, and depending on the year of your BMW X3 the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different places, here are the 3 possible places for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat generally in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pushing this lever will totally fold down the front seat back of your BMW X3 and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door BMW X3
As for folding the front seat of a BMW X3 5-door, the procedure is not similar because since it is not made to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same features we just talked about above. Folding the front seat of a 5-door BMW X3 will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky objects. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your BMW X3, don’t hesitate to consult our article content dedicated to this action.
In the event that you have any further questions about the BMW X3, do not hesitate to consult our BMW X3 category.