Whether you are the new owner of a Alfa Romeo 159, have been lent one, or have rented one, you may not yet know all the specifics of this motor vehicle. This is precisely the subject of this short post, we will help you to accomplish a simple but essential task on 3-door cars in order to travel with more than 2 passengers. That’s why we are going to teach you how to fold a front seat on a Alfa Romeo 159, for that, first of all, we are going to talk about the different adjustments of the front seat of your motor vehicle, and, in a second part, the different techniques to fold the front seat of a Alfa Romeo 159..
The different front seat adjustments of an Alfa Romeo 159
To start, we’ll start our short post by presenting the different configurations existing on the front seat of a Alfa Romeo 159. In reality, whether or not you want to fold one of your front seats on your vehicle, you should know that based on the model of your car and its packages you will have access to different adjustments, here are most of the settings you will find on your Alfa Romeo 159:
- Standard and fundamental adjustment for driving without taking risks, this adjustment of the front seat of your Alfa Romeo 159 permits you to modify the proximity of the seat to the pedals in order to fit the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting permits you to have a better vision of the road, for tiny persons we typically bring up the seat and for tall persons to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” setting is the seat inclination, not to be mislead with the control to fold the seat of a Alfa Romeo 159, this setting will enable you, determined by the length of your arms, to have a good driving position without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some series, you will also be able to adjust the lumbar support provided by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Alfa Romeo 159?
After looking at all the seat settings, we will in this part help you to fold down the front seat of your Alfa Romeo 159. Please be aware that subject to the number of doors on your car the process will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to transport a passenger on a 3-door Alfa Romeo 159, or whether you want to fold it down to deliver large stuff on a 5-door Alfa Romeo 159, it will not be the same method, here are the different ways to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Alfa Romeo 159.
As we informed you just before, whether it’s to get a person in the back seat, or to carry large things, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Alfa Romeo 159 is essential. This procedure is quite simple, and according to the year of your Alfa Romeo 159 the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different places, here are the 3 possible locations for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat generally in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Activating this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Alfa Romeo 159 and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Alfa Romeo 159
As for folding the front seat of a Alfa Romeo 159 5-door, the approach is not similar because since it is not built to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same features we just talked about earlier on. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Alfa Romeo 159 will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky things. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your Alfa Romeo 159, don’t hesitate to consult our short post dedicated to this procedure.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Alfa Romeo 159, do not hesitate to consult our Alfa Romeo 159 category.