On this page we’re going to deal with an issue that may appear to be insignificant to most of you, but has happened to a lot of motorists! In fact, we are gonna deal with the of a key locked on you volvo v40, and what you can do if we find ourselves in this position? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it anymore, we will try to help you locate the cause of this problem and give you the solution. It may seem logical, but when you don’t know all the cars in depth, being faced with a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, browse this guideline. In this content, we will first of all try to describe why the key gets stuck in your cylinder volvo v40, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your volvo v40.
Why is my key locked in my volvo v40?
What could have happened to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your volvo v40? In this part we will try to demonstrate why your key can get stuck. There are many reasons that can induce the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt built up on it, which may provoke the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket system. It can sometimes prevent it from entering the cylinder cleanly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is cracked, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time corresponding the impression in the barrel of your volvo v40.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your volvo v40.
- At last, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this stops the key of your car from turning correctly in the barrel.
All these answers can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your volvo v40, so make sure to check all these aspects to know what problem you are working on.
How to unlock the key of my volvo v40
To finish , let’s go forward to the remedy part that will enable you to unlock the key of your volvo v40. Now that you’ve been able to determine the motive why your key is blocked, we’ll see what possibilities are available to you to cure this problem. We will take up the different trouble and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your volvo v40: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much force) in different directions to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in anymore, be sure to check it carefully and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my volvo v40 doesn’t turn anymore and my steering wheel is locked: In cases like this, it’s your anti-theft system that is activated, you will have to all in one go turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, examine this complete tutorial on the steering wheel locked on volvo v40 to have the complete treatment.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most irritating circumstance, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is harmed you will regrettably have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your volvo v40. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your dealer to obtain a copy of your key. In any other case, last remedy, change the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic volvo v40: In this case, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the volvo v40, do not hesitate to consult our volvo v40 category.