On this article we’re going to deal with an issue that could seem insignificant to most of you, but has happened to a lot of car owners! In actual fact, we are going to deal with the of a key locked on you Mercedes Sprinter, and what you can do if we find ourselves in this position? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it anymore, we will try to help you locate the cause of this issue and give you the solution. It may seem logical, but when you don’t know all the cars in depth, being faced with a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it rebuilt, read this instruction. In this content, we will first of all try to demonstrate why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Mercedes Sprinter, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Mercedes Sprinter.
Why is my key locked in my Mercedes Sprinter?
What could have happened to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Mercedes Sprinter? In this part we will try to teach you why your key can get stuck. There are multiple reasons that can trigger the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt accumulated on it, which may trigger the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket system. It can sometimes prevent it from entering the cylinder cleanly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is broken, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time coordinating the impression in the barrel of your Mercedes Sprinter.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Mercedes Sprinter.
- Finally, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this stops the key of your car from turning correctly in the barrel.
All these explanations can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Mercedes Sprinter, so be sure you examine all these aspects to know what issue you are standing in front of.
How to unlock the key of my Mercedes Sprinter
To conclude, let’s go forward to the remedy section that will let you to unlock the key of your Mercedes Sprinter. Now that you’ve managed to determine the motive why your key is blocked, we’ll see what answers are available to you to solve this issue. We will take up the different trouble and give you the corresponding solutions:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Mercedes Sprinter: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much force) in different ways to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in anymore, make certain to examine it attentively and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Mercedes Sprinter doesn’t turn anymore and my steering wheel is locked: In cases like this, it’s your anti-theft system that is turned on, you will have to all in one go turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, browse this full article on the steering wheel locked on Mercedes Sprinter to have the complete treatment.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most bothersome case, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is damaged you will regrettably have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Mercedes Sprinter. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your dealership to get a copy of your key. In any other case, last solution, change the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Mercedes Sprinter: In this instance, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Mercedes Sprinter, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Sprinter category.