On this page we’re going to deal with a problem that could look trivial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of drivers! In fact, we are going to focus on the of a key locked on you Mercedes Benz S Class, and what to do if you are in this condition? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it any longer, we will try to help you uncover the cause of this problem and give you the solution. It may seem logical, but when you don’t know all the cars in depth, being confronted with a locked key can be disturbing. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, read this instruction. In this content page, we will first try to describe why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Mercedes Benz S Class, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Mercedes Benz S Class.
Why is my key locked in my Mercedes Benz S Class?
What could have happened to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Mercedes Benz S Class? In this part we will try to explain why your key can get stuck. There are some explanations that can trigger the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt accumulated on it, which may trigger the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket system. It can sometimes prevent it from entering the cylinder easily, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is broken, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time matching the impression in the barrel of your Mercedes Benz S Class.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Mercedes Benz S Class.
- At last, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this prevents the key of your car from turning effectively in the barrel.
All these reasons can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Mercedes Benz S Class, so remember to verify all these points to know what problem you are struggling with.
How to unlock the key of my Mercedes Benz S Class
To finish , let’s move on to the practical section that will enable you to unlock the key of your Mercedes Benz S Class. Now that you’ve been able to analyze the reason why your key is blocked, we’ll see what solutions are available to you to remedy this problem. We will take up the different trouble and give you the corresponding solutions:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Mercedes Benz S Class: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much force) in different directions to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in any longer, ensure that to check it cautiously and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Mercedes Benz S Class doesn’t turn any longer and my steering wheel is locked: In such a case, it’s your anti-theft system that is turned on, you will have to concurrently turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, browse this full tutorial on the steering wheel locked on Mercedes Benz S Class to have the complete process.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most annoying case, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is broken you will sadly have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Mercedes Benz S Class. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your car dealership to get a copy of your key. Otherwise, last answer, convert the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Mercedes Benz S Class: In this instance, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Mercedes Benz S Class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz S Class category.