On this article we’re going to deal with a problem that may seem superficial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of car owners! In truth, we are gonna talk about the of a key locked on you Mercedes Benz CLA Class, and where to start if you are in this situation? Whether it doesn’t want to suit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it any longer, we will try to help you find the source of this trouble and give you the solution. It may seem logical, but when you don’t know all the cars in detail, being faced with a locked key can be disturbing. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, read this guide. In this article, we will first try to explain why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Mercedes Benz CLA Class, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Mercedes Benz CLA Class.
Why is my key locked in my Mercedes Benz CLA Class?
What could have happened to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class? In this part we will try to show you why your key can get stuck. There are many reasons that can bring about the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt accumulated on it, which may provoke the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket device. It can sometimes prevent it from entering the cylinder correctly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is damaged, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time matching the impression in the barrel of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Mercedes Benz CLA Class.
- Finally, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this avoids the key of your car from turning properly in the barrel.
All these explanations can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class, so don’t forget to check all these key points to know what trouble you are working on.
How to unlock the key of my Mercedes Benz CLA Class
To finish , let’s move on to the solution part that will enable you to unlock the key of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class. Now that you’ve managed to determine the cause why your key is blocked, we’ll see what possibilities are available to you to remedy this trouble. We will take up the different trouble and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Mercedes Benz CLA Class: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much force) in different ways to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in any longer, be sure to examine it attentively and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Mercedes Benz CLA Class doesn’t turn any longer and my steering wheel is locked: In this instance, it’s your anti-theft device that is turned on, you will have to all in one go turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, read this complete guide on the steering wheel locked on Mercedes Benz CLA Class to have the complete treatment.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most troublesome circumstance, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is damaged you will unfortunately have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your car dealership to receive a copy of your key. Otherwise, last solution, replace the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Mercedes Benz CLA Class: In cases like this, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
If you wish more tutorials on the Mercedes Benz CLA Class, go to our Mercedes Benz CLA Class category.