Today we’re going to deal with an issue that may seem superficial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of drivers! In reality, we are gonna talk about the of a key locked on you Maserati Ghibli, and how to proceed if you are in this situation? Whether it doesn’t want to suit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it any longer, we will try to help you uncover the origin of this trouble and give you the solution. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in greater detail, being confronted with a locked key can be disturbing. Before you think about buying a new key or having it rebuilt, go through this instruction. In this content page, we will first try to explain why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Maserati Ghibli, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Maserati Ghibli.
Why is my key locked in my Maserati Ghibli?
What could have occurred to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Maserati Ghibli? In this section we will try to teach you why your key can get stuck. There are multiple explanations that can induce the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt accumulated on it, which may provoke the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket device. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder cleanly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is damaged, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time coordinating the impression in the barrel of your Maserati Ghibli.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Maserati Ghibli.
- Finally, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this stops the key of your car from turning properly in the barrel.
All these elements can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Maserati Ghibli, so don’t forget to check all these points to know what trouble you are facing.
How to unlock the key of my Maserati Ghibli
To finish , let’s go forward to the remedy section that will allow you to unlock the key of your Maserati Ghibli. Now that you’ve been able to evaluate the cause why your key is blocked, we’ll see what solutions are available to you to remedy this trouble. We will take up the different problems and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Maserati Ghibli: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much force) in different directions to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in any longer, ensure to examine it carefully and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Maserati Ghibli doesn’t turn any longer and my steering wheel is locked: In such a case, it’s your anti-theft device that is turned on, you will have to all in one go turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, examine this complete article on the steering wheel locked on Maserati Ghibli to have the complete treatment.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most annoying circumstance, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is damaged you will sadly have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Maserati Ghibli. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your dealership to get a copy of your key. In any other case, last option, change the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Maserati Ghibli: In this instance, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
If you need more guides on the Maserati Ghibli, go to our Maserati Ghibli category.