On this page we’re going to focus on a problem that may appear to be trivial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of motorists! In reality, we are gonna talk about the of a key locked on you Hyundai Veloster, and where to start if you are in this position? Whether it doesn’t want to suit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it any longer, we will try to help you uncover the origin of this problem and give you the solution. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in detail, being faced with a locked key can be disturbing. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, go through this guide. In this content page, we will first try to explain why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Hyundai Veloster, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Hyundai Veloster.
Why is my key locked in my Hyundai Veloster?
What could have occurred to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Hyundai Veloster? In this part we will try to teach you why your key can get stuck. There are many reasons that can trigger the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt accumulated on it, which may bring about the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket device. It can sometimes prevent it from entering the cylinder easily, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is broken, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time corresponding the impression in the barrel of your Hyundai Veloster.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Hyundai Veloster.
- At last, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this stops the key of your car from turning properly in the barrel.
All these elements can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Hyundai Veloster, so be sure you check all these points to know what problem you are standing in front of.
How to unlock the key of my Hyundai Veloster
To conclude, let’s move on to the solution part that will allow you to unlock the key of your Hyundai Veloster. Now that you’ve managed to evaluate the explanation why your key is blocked, we’ll see what answers are available to you to cure this problem. We will take up the different trouble and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Hyundai Veloster: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much strength) in different directions to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in any longer, make sure to inspect it properly and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Hyundai Veloster doesn’t turn any longer and my steering wheel is locked: In cases like this, it’s your anti-theft device that is turned on, you will have to all at once turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, read this complete tutorial on the steering wheel locked on Hyundai Veloster to have the complete treatment.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most bothersome case, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is harmed you will regrettably have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Hyundai Veloster. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your vendor to receive a copy of your key. Otherwise, last answer, replace the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Hyundai Veloster: In this instance, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
To get more tips on the Hyundai Veloster, take a look at the Hyundai Veloster category.