Today we’re going to concentrate on an issue that may look superficial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of car owners! In fact, we are gonna focus on the of a key locked on you Chevrolet Camaro, and where to start if you are in this situation? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it any longer, we will try to help you discover the origin of this trouble and give you the remedy. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in greater detail, being faced with a locked key can be disturbing. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, read this guideline. In this content page, we will first try to demonstrate why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Chevrolet Camaro, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Chevrolet Camaro.
Why is my key locked in my Chevrolet Camaro?
What could have occurred to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Chevrolet Camaro? In this section we will try to describe why your key can get stuck. There are some answers that can provoke the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt built up on it, which may bring about the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket device. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder cleanly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is damaged, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time corresponding the impression in the barrel of your Chevrolet Camaro.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Chevrolet Camaro.
- At last, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this prevents the key of your car from turning effectively in the barrel.
All these explanations can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Chevrolet Camaro, so don’t forget to verify all these key points to know what trouble you are working on.
How to unlock the key of my Chevrolet Camaro
Finally, let’s proceed to the remedy part that will allow you to unlock the key of your Chevrolet Camaro. Now that you’ve been able to analyze the cause why your key is blocked, we’ll see what solutions are available to you to solve this trouble. We will take up the different trouble and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Chevrolet Camaro: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much strength) in different directions to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in any longer, be certain to examine it carefully and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Chevrolet Camaro doesn’t turn any longer and my steering wheel is locked: In such a case, it’s your anti-theft device that is turned on, you will have to simultaneously turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, go through this full tutorial on the steering wheel locked on Chevrolet Camaro to have the complete process.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most irritating circumstance, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is damaged you will sadly have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Chevrolet Camaro. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your dealer to receive a copy of your key. In any other case, last solution, replace the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Chevrolet Camaro: In this case, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
If you have any further questions about the Chevrolet Camaro, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Camaro category.