On this article we’re going to concentrate on an issue that could look superficial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of car owners! In actual fact, we are gonna focus on the of a key locked on you Acura ILX, and what you can do if you are in this condition? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it anymore, we will try to help you locate the origin of this problem and give you the remedy. It may seem logical, but when you don’t know all the cars in greater detail, being confronted with a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, browse this article. In this content, we will first of all try to describe why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Acura ILX, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Acura ILX.
Why is my key locked in my Acura ILX?
What could have occurred to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Acura ILX? In this section we will try to demonstrate why your key can get stuck. There are several reasons that can provoke the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt built up on it, which may trigger the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket system. It can sometimes prevent it from entering the cylinder easily, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is damaged, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time coordinating the impression in the barrel of your Acura ILX.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Acura ILX.
- At last, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this avoids the key of your car from turning effectively in the barrel.
All these reasons can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Acura ILX, so make sure to verify all these factors to know what problem you are standing in front of.
How to unlock the key of my Acura ILX
To conclude, let’s move on to the solution part that will let you to unlock the key of your Acura ILX. Now that you’ve managed to discover the motive why your key is blocked, we’ll see what answers are available to you to remedy this problem. We will take up the different concerns and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Acura ILX: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much strength) in different ways to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in anymore, make sure to examine it cautiously and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Acura ILX doesn’t turn anymore and my steering wheel is locked: In this instance, it’s your anti-theft system that is turned on, you will have to all in one go turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, read this full guide on the steering wheel locked on Acura ILX to have the complete treatment.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most annoying case, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is harmed you will sadly have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Acura ILX. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your car dealership to obtain a copy of your key. In any other case, last option, replace the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Acura ILX: In this case, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Acura ILX, do not hesitate to consult our Acura ILX category.