On this page we will try to help you fix a issue that can be frustrating, and if not managed on time become a financial drain. Indeed, distinguishing a leak on your car is hardly ever reassuring, and it is even less reassuring when it’s a gearbox leak on your Toyota Venza . In this article, we’re going to help you ensure that it’s indeed a gearbox leak, then, how to repair a gearbox or transmission leak, then, give you some prevention suggestions, and, at last, give you an indication of the price of the gearbox of a Toyota Venza.
Gearbox leak on Toyota Venza, origin and symptom
If you have detected an oil stain on the ground, you will need to confirm that this leak is indeed coming from the gearbox of your Toyota Venza. To get this done, you will need to go under your car and follow the oil leak. If it is transmission oil, it must be coming from your gearbox sump or an adjacent room. Once verified, here are the possible origins of this transmission leak:
- A gearbox cap: If it’s improperly screwed on…
- Defective torque converter: Just equipped on automatic gearboxes.
- From the transmission oil sump: In the event it is cracked or damaged
- One of your seals damaged
How to repair a gearbox leak on Toyota Venza?
After discovering the different origins of a gearbox or transmission oil leak on your Toyota Venza, we will try to describe to you what are your options to repair this oil leak. Be aware that in any case, after having determined a leak, you must go to a garage area to distinguish the exact origin of the leak, in any other case your gearbox may be irreparably damaged. However, here is how the service of the garage area and the solutions that will be offered to you:
- Very often to distinguish the leak, the auto mechanic will have to take apart your gearbox, which will require a high labour cost.
- If you’re lucky and it’s just a gasket, your auto mechanic will replace it and reassemble the gearbox of your Toyota Venza, in any other case you’ll have to replace the complete gearbox
- Finally, for the do-it-yourselfers, it is possible to use a sealing kit which is just effective in the case of small leaks, this kit is worth around 40 euros
Prevention: How to avoid gearbox leaks on your Toyota Venza?
There aren’t many alternatives to avoid gearbox leaks on your Toyota Venza , however here are the three most effective:
- Frequent oil changes on your gearbox deck.
- Drain your gearbox and put new oil in it. If you want to know everything about this task, please browse our article on this subject.
- Use a particular additive for routine service of gearbox seals, these additives will restore flexibility and enable to plug slight leaks, you will locate some for a few dozen euros at Oscaro.
Price of a Toyota Venza gearbox
Finally, we would like to give you an indication of how much it costs to replace the gearbox of a Toyota Venza. As you have understood, gearbox problems often lead to a complete replace of this part. It is hard to give you a precise price because based on the garage area the labour can vary quite a lot and based on your engine the component will also have a different price, however, we estimate that the repair, labour included will cost you between 800 and 2000 euros , knowing that the component alone costs between 400 and 1000 euros.
If you have any further questions about the Toyota Venza, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Venza category.