You’re most certainly in the instance of purchasing your first car, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your second-hand car search you have most certainly figured out that the Volkswagen Touran of “companies” are more affordable to buy and appears to be an appealing option. However, these Volkswagen Touran only have 2 seats and will therefore require a conversion to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to see in this article content how to convert a 2-seater Volkswagen Touran into a 5-seater , to get this done, first, we will make a brief explanation of the essential key steps that must be taken, then, we will see what are the modifications to be done on the vehicle, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to complete the conversion of your Volkswagen Touran company into a 5-seater.
The main key methods to convert a Volkswagen Touran 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to follow if you want to to pass your Volkswagen Touran company or commercial in 5 places:
- Install the missing seats and seat belts.
- Get the certificate of conformity from the producer
- Take his Volkswagen Touran to the roadworthiness evaluation to have the changes confirmed
- To run his car through mine control.
- Inform your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be done on the car to convert a Volkswagen Touran 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will so begin our article content on the transformation of a Volkswagen Touran 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be performed straight on the vehicle to be able to allow it to be established as a Volkswagen Touran 5-seater.
Convert its Volkswagen Touran to 5 seaters all alone
If you want to do the majority of the work your self, you should know that it will be challenging. Indeed, the manufacturers make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Volkswagen Touran easy only for the manufacturers, here are the explanations:
- You will have to obtain a certificate of conformity, which will necessitate a visit to the vehicle by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Volkswagen Touran into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Set up the kit as outlined by the tightening standards (torque)
For all these aspects, it is less difficult to ask an approved auto technician who will conduct these actions in conformity with the manufacturer’s criteria.
If you still wish to undertake the transformation of your new Volkswagen Touran on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your area to obtain the necessary parts and look for manufacturer information related to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion conducted by a professional
If you want to convert your Volkswagen Touran 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the least complicated resolution. Surely, he will have a easier access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will allow you to conduct the following steps without the slightest pressure.
The administrative steps that must be taken to convert a Volkswagen Touran into 5 places
Now that we have been through the first technical steps in the transformation of a Volkswagen Touran 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now handle the administrative action.
The different steps to be carried out in order to have one’s Volkswagen Touran 2 places recognized as a 5 places
You will find just below, the different steps to follow in order to be ok with the law to drive your Volkswagen Touran converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes done on your Volkswagen Touran, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be important to adhere to all the steps quickly.
- You have to bring the vehicle to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on a car.
- Take the vehicle to the mine so that they can attest to the change in the number of seats in your Volkswagen Touran li>
- Search for for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Volkswagen Touraninto 5 places
Finally last part, to give you a good idea of the price that the passage of a Volkswagen Touran 2 seats to 5 seats can generate, it is important to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is crucial to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Volkswagen Touran company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
To discover more tips on the Volkswagen Touran, take a look at the Volkswagen Touran category.