You’re probably in the instance of purchasing your first car, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your second hand car search you have probably figured out that the Audi Q3 of “companies” are more affordable to buy and appears to be an appealing offer. Nevertheless, these Audi Q3 only have 2 seats and will therefore necessitate a transformation to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to see in this article how to convert a 2-seater Audi Q3 into a 5-seater , to achieve this, first, we will make a brief explanation of the main key steps that must be taken, then, we will see what are the modifications to be done on the vehicle, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to complete the conversion of your Audi Q3 company into a 5-seater.
The main key guidelines to convert a Audi Q3 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to follow if you want to to pass your Audi Q3 company or commercial in 5 places:
- Put in the missing seats and seat belts.
- Obtain the certificate of conformity from the manufacturer
- Take his Audi Q3 to the roadworthiness evaluation to have the changes confirmed
- To run his car through mine control.
- Alert your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be done on the vehicle to convert a Audi Q3 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will so begin our article on the transformation of a Audi Q3 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be performed directly on the vehicle in order to allow it to be accepted as a Audi Q3 5-seater.
Convert its Audi Q3 to 5 seaters without help
If you want to do the majority of the process yourself, you should know that it will be challenging. Indeed, the producers make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Audi Q3 easy only for the manufacturers, here are the reasons:
- You will have to obtain a certificate of conformity, which will need a visit to the vehicle by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Audi Q3 into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Set up the kit as outlined by the tightening standards (torque)
For all these explanations, it is less complicated to call on an approved technical who will perform these actions in compliance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
If you still wish to undertake the transformation of your new Audi Q3 on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your region to get the necessary parts and look for manufacturer information relating to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion done by a professional
If you want to convert your Audi Q3 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the easiest resolution. In fact, he will have a much simpler access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will let you to perform the following steps without the slightest pressure.
The administrative steps that should be adopted to convert a Audi Q3 into 5 places
Now that we have seen the first technical steps in the transformation of a Audi Q3 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now handle the administrative action.
The different steps to be conducted in order to have one’s Audi Q3 2 places authorized as a 5 places
You will discover down below, the different steps to follow in order to be ok with the law to drive your Audi Q3 converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes done on your Audi Q3, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be important to stick to all the steps quickly.
- You have to bring the vehicle to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on a vehicle.
- Take the vehicle to the mine so that they can testify to the change in the number of seats in your Audi Q3 li>
- Search for for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Audi Q3into 5 places
Finally last part, to give you an idea of the cost that the passage of a Audi Q3 2 seats to 5 seats can be, it is necessary to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is crucial to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Audi Q3 company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
If you need more guides on the Audi Q3, go to our Audi Q3 category.